cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the O2 Community! Introduce yourself here!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for joining the O2 Community! (Or if you haven't yet but would like to, you can register here!). I'm very happy to welcome you here. The O2 Community is a great place to get help and advice on O2 products and services, provide feedback and suggestions for the network, and have general chit chat. slight_smile

My name's Martin, one of the Community Managers here on the O2 forum. I work with @lewys-gp and @RafaC who are also part of the Community team. Personally, I've been working on communities for the last 8 years and have been with O2 since February 2016! 

This thread is all about introducing yourself to the Community and we'd love to hear a bit more about you! Things like: 

• Pay monthly, Pay as you Go or Business Customer? 
  • What phone you currently have? 
  • Hobbies and interests? 
  • Random or cool facts about you? 

If you have any suggestions, questions about anything to do with O2 or the Community give us a shout or drop me a private messageSmiley Wink

I look forward to speaking to you soon. slight_smile

Martin

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 3,220
3,219 REPLIES 3,219

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Welcome one and all!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1231 of 3,220

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

Good morning everyone, I hope you had a lovely weekend and are ready for a new exciting week on the community slight_smile

Let's kick it off by warmly welcoming all our newest members - please join me and say hello to ...

@Alan6  @AndyC2  @Angie1  @Arpad  @Arthur1  @Charlie545  @colum  @DarkLordVader  @Dfcn  @Eis2019  @Geanina  @Gillybean71  @Glenjamin  @Hollypearce92  @jace777  @Jacqui1  @Laura10  @LeahMoore  @Lesleyj10  @Nev09  @Paige91  @Pauldel  @Ruth4  @Ryan4  @Shannon2  @StNeots  @Vilius  @Wezod5  @Whitefish8  @Yasmin18  

We're looking forward to getting to know you better, so please don't hesitate to say hi here, or join in any conversation you fancy Happy Dance

Welcome everyone Wave

Message 1232 of 3,220

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hello all new members from me👍

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1233 of 3,220

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 1234 of 3,220

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1235 of 3,220

kevinthemiddle
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Firstly, I'll give thanks out to the warm welcome wishes... so thanks, really.  It costs nothing to be nice, and I like the fact that this is even a "thing" within the O2 community.  Keep up the good work Community Managers & co.

However, I'm going to take the opportunity to point out that the experience I've had so far is extremely poor.  It has been less than a month with O2 and the story so far goes a little like this:

1.  A major ordeal going through the porting process and very nearly lost the number I've had for 20 years.  If it wasn't for the contacts I had within the company I recently left behind (that gave me a business line for my role) I would have lost the number as the PAC code had expired, much to my surprise when my partner started receiving calls on her phone for me from family (fortunately not my new employer).  No contact from O2 and the investigation was driven by me - basically get a new PAC or sorry and goodbye! (Getting the PAC is not a straightforward process to this where I came from). 

2.  One or two individuals I dealt with to get assistance to resolve this sought to place theblame in my direction, when I'm simply the end user/paying customer - all I needed to do was provide the PAC code in the form, along with my personal information to get everything up and running.  It was inferred that I must have done something wrong when I completed the online form.

3.  It took four days (and lots of calls) for this to be fixed.  As you can imagine, I was quite upset about this and the whole debacle, and requested that my contract be cancelled (I was still within the cooking off period).  The individual(s) that I dealt with from the 'front desk' didn't fill me with confidence, and as a result of my prior cancellation request caused some complications when I later agreed to a 50% discount for the duration of the contract - it was never about the money (the number was priceless to me for personal reasons) but I accepted the offer as the escalation engineer worked hard to help restore service.

4.  Sadly, I'm now regretting my decision to stay with O2 (again), despite the discount, as there has been a broken mast which covers my home area for at least 2 weeks.  There have been no meaningful updates whatsoever, and I've just started a new job (I work from home often) and so it has been quite embarrasing/stressful not being able to have consistently reliable service to conduct my daily business without continually having problems.

I have worked in technology for over 20 years, and I have never experienced such poor service.  I appreciate that these things could be viewed as isolated incidents, but judging by some of the posts I've read on the boards here and my own experience, I'm setting a very low bar in terms of my expectations going forward.

Here's hoping that things will improve very soon!

Message 1236 of 3,220

kevinthemiddle
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

please excuse the typo... cooling off period.

Message 1237 of 3,220

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10665 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hey @kevinthemiddle
Sorry to read your story so unhappy an experience. Glad to hear the escalation engineer worked hard to help restore service for you. Sounds awful you have no faith in your services. I can only hope like you that it'll settle down and you'll be able to get on with your o2 services in the future. Best of luck

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 1238 of 3,220

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's a shame you have had such a bad experience. I hope all goes well from now on @kevinthemiddle 

Message 1239 of 3,220

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sorry to hear that you didn't get off to the best start with O2 @kevinthemiddle. Hopefully things will settle down and we're always here to help and answer questions! 

We also have a new batch of community members to welcome to the forums... 

@11 @Akira1 @Annehm @Antoine @Baoser @Bartosz @Ben6 @Cam1 @Camnat01 @Candy1 @Chris_Helston @Community @Craigmcc5 @Dam456 @Dan5 @DB6815 @ellierose217769 @EmmaM @Esmaemorris @florin1 @gp @gunterstraub @Harry1066 @holleighnicole @Jacob @Jake44 @JakeB @Jaylamps_71 @JBL @Jess95 @Joel1 @Johh @Kayleighv @KiranR @KZK @Laura6 @LCFCTIGERS @lis74 @Lisap18 @lj61 @louis @Lozz @Mihail @mkermali99 @mrpixel @msammels @Paulo @PCdrums @Pinhead667 @Please @Przemek @Reception @Restrictions @ReveredBeard @RH22 @Rozarlyn @Shannon24 @Skimum @Soimix @SRabkerrr @Stacey12 @sTOnebur1 @Stuart123 @Tawn @Trish21 @Weekd @Wolf 

Welcome to the community guys! Feel free to drop in and introduce yourself! smile smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1240 of 3,220