cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the O2 Community! Introduce yourself here!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for joining the O2 Community! (Or if you haven't yet but would like to, you can register here!). I'm very happy to welcome you here. The O2 Community is a great place to get help and advice on O2 products and services, provide feedback and suggestions for the network, and have general chit chat. slight_smile

My name's Martin, one of the Community Managers here on the O2 forum. I work with @lewys-gp and @RafaC who are also part of the Community team. Personally, I've been working on communities for the last 8 years and have been with O2 since February 2016! 

This thread is all about introducing yourself to the Community and we'd love to hear a bit more about you! Things like: 

• Pay monthly, Pay as you Go or Business Customer? 
  • What phone you currently have? 
  • Hobbies and interests? 
  • Random or cool facts about you? 

If you have any suggestions, questions about anything to do with O2 or the Community give us a shout or drop me a private messageSmiley Wink

I look forward to speaking to you soon. slight_smile

Martin

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 3,255
3,254 REPLIES 3,254

Anonymous
Not applicable

A very warm welcome to all new members who recently joined the O2 Community Welcome

Hope you can find your way to posting on the forum in the future Fantastic

Message 391 of 3,255

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Good morning and happy Friday! slight_smile 

We've got a bunch of new community members who have joined us over the past couple of days. Welcome everyone! It's lovely to have you here. Don't hesitate to post if you need any help with something or just want to have a chat.

@abuiqbal@amy1993@AnaT@Changebilldate@Ftwzy@Gordie68@Greenie@IonAiden@Jayjay2709999@Jessoneill@Johnny5@joke@Julius@Kierany7@Lchambers1@Littlemissme@Ljb@Lozza@MadeleyRM@max@Rahul@Rich4@Sally1@SeanB@Sophielaura@Stef@Stuart@T_ina88@Terter@Tremontifan@Vikkie@Wizzadora

Welcome

Happy Friday and welcome everyone 🙌

Message 392 of 3,255

Jackie
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi  @Anonymous & thanks for your welcome.

Sorry to hear of the problem with your hands - I used to do cross-stitch, but have difficulty now following the patterns & actually seeing the holes in the aida.

I think taking up art is a great way forward for you. I can't really comment much on the type of paint that would be best for you, but I find acrylics easier to use than watercolours. You can dilute them with water, to give a 'watery' effect, or use them undiluted. Another good thing about acrylics is they're relatively cheap, whereas with watercolours, the paints in a cheaper set often lack pigment. BUT, I'm no expert - this is just my experience of playing around with all different types of paints.

YouTube is a fantastic source for tutorials & ideas, so I suggest you look there.

Just jump in & splash some paint around - it doesn't matter what the end result is, as long as you enjoyed doing it :))

Message 393 of 3,255

Anno78
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello everyone!

Thank you for the warm welcome, it's great to be a part of the Community!  I will do my best to keep up to date with what's going on, but work and health issues will probably keep me occupied a lot of the time.

Now a bit about myself:

Hobbies:  Reading (sci-fi, fantasy & historical), writing (short stories), archaeology (chasing round "old piles of stones"), astronomy, photography, television (sci-fi, warhammer 40,000 (building and painting the models), playing with my cat Jenny.

Likes:  Music (instrumental like Two Steps From Hell), honest people, animals, good humour.

Dislikes:  Dishonest people (does this include politicians?), lies, cheaters, racists, abuse in any shape or form.

Phobias:  Heights, needles (I see one and I can easily outrun Usain Bolt!), spiders (nope,nope,nope)

Allergies:  Onions, spices (I can manage miniscule amounts), oranges (in their original fruit form), the Tetenus injection (really bad reaction to it).

Disability:  Yes, I have severe epilepsy (combined with low blood pressure).  Despite this I carry on as best as I can.

Mobile Devices:  An HTC (pay as you go), and a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (pay monthly).

Random Facts:  I have met Timothy West, Prunella Scales, Julian Richards (Meet the Ancestors), and Snorbitz the dog (when I was little).  I was in a television ad for Safeway, I have piloted a remote ROV around a WW2 wreck, and I have helped investigate a well known archaeological site.

Anno78

Message 394 of 3,255

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 395 of 3,255

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Yes, welcome again @Anno78 and thank you for telling us about yourself. I agree with @jonsie you'll fit right in. And feel free to jump into any topic that catches your fancy. We're a friendly bunch here and the majority of us respect other people's viewpoints. So please join us in our lunacy joyrofl

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 396 of 3,255

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anno78

Thanks for telling us about yourself, you will definitely fit right in here. We are a friendly bunch. Some of us are slightly mad, though we are still friendly joy

I share your fear of heights, though no fear of needles. As a retired nurse that sort of fear would have ended my career pretty quickly wink

Welcome again. I look forward to hearing from you in the future Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 397 of 3,255

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anno78 ... thank you for telling us about yourself

I admit to being one of the 'slightly mad ones' on the forum but I'm kept in line by the occasional bllKng' (All in the Best Possible Taste) of course 

Please don't let me frighten you off

I've got a lot of help from the good people here

I have Bi-Polar Disorder ... usually the 'down side' ... but ... I try my best under ardous circumstances lolz LOL

I am a Crazy Cat Lady ... amongst several cat lovers on the Community

You have a good list of hobbies ... archeology wow! ... I have a good old school friend on Orkney & she 'dabbles' in it 

WELCOME TO THE O2 COMMUNITY Welcome Cat

Message 398 of 3,255

Anno78
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thank you.

As a newbie I do have a question (the answer to which is probably staring me in the face and waving).

How do I navigate and find different topics (I'm using a Tablet, not a PC)?
Message 399 of 3,255

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anno78

At the top of this page, you will see this

Community.PNG

If you click on the O2 Community I've highlighted, it will take you to the home page. There you will find all the different sections you can post in. Android, Apple, Other devices etc. There is a section for Discussions and Feedback and Off Topic (a lot of us post in Off Topic as it has some funny/ interesting sections).

Just browse around. If there is anything else you want to know then please come back and ask wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 400 of 3,255