Did you mean: 

Wear The Rose Competition!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Great news for Rugby fans, we've managed to get our hands on a signed England Rugby jersey and we're giving it away to a lucky O2 customer or community member! smile

23621 Rugby WTR Key Visual L Names 1920x1080px.jpg

If you want the chance to win the signed England Rugby jersey all you need to do is go to @O2sports on Twitter and show your support for the team ahead of the England vs Tonga this Sunday using the #WearTheRose hashtag! Then simply share a screenshot in the comments below. cool

The competition will run from Today, Wednesday 18th to 12:00pm on Wednessay 25th and as always have a quick look at the Terms and Conditions before you enter. wink

Best of luck to all!! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Best of luck to all who enter. Pity it's only via twitter as I don't have an account. There again, only one member of my family liked Rugby and he's lost interest now. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 31

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes good luck everyone. 

We need a few more members entering this so bumping the thread innocent

Message 12 of 31

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Best of luck to all who enter. Pity it's only via twitter as I don't have an account. There again, only one member of my family liked Rugby and he's lost interest now. rofl

@CleoriffSame here.  It's becoming more and more common for competition entries etc to use social media (not just O2, but in general).  I call it "Social Media Discrimination", as in discriminating against those that choose to have a life LOL rofl

Of course, being Welsh, why would I want to win an England rugby shirt anyway, other than to immeditely sell it to someone  rofl rofl rofl 

Thanks

Steve
Message 13 of 31

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Social media is a vast part of people's lives now and I'm not sure you could call it discrimination. People who choose not to use it have exactly that option, use it or not. I have A Twitter account but rarely use it, its a choice I made many years ago. I use it to my advantage purely when I want to. After all, the O2 Community is just another form of social media which we all freely choose to use to interact with others. Competitions are just a by product of any sort of interaction.... 

Message 14 of 31

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

But to limit entry to only twitter?

Thanks

Steve
Message 15 of 31

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

In the past we've had the same competitions open to all the community and the admin decided to run this one alongside Twitter. Obviously if this proves to be unpopular and against members' popular opinion I'm sure admin will take this into consideration for next time.. 

Message 16 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a Twitter account or I would have entered this competition ... I am a rugby fan & wish the England rose team well & all those from the community who enter the competition 

Message 17 of 31

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35779 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1582 Solutions

Here goes my shot at a flowery shirt rose

Screenshot_20190923-214831.jpg

Message 18 of 31

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Nice to see a few more entries there. slight_smile

@jonsie wrote:

In the past we've had the same competitions open to all the community and the admin decided to run this one alongside Twitter. Obviously if this proves to be unpopular and against members' popular opinion I'm sure admin will take this into consideration for next time.. 

We hear what you're saying about the Twitter element @jonsie  and all, thanks for sharing your thoughts. slight_smile

We do aim to have competitions where participation would happen only on the forum whenever possible. This time we got a chance to link with a competition that was happening on Social so did a collaboration. It's helpful to hear your feedback on how you feel about these types of entry methods, and we'll keep this in mind with future opportunities! thumbsup

Message 19 of 31

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:
We do aim to have competitions where participation would happen only on the forum whenever possible. This time we got a chance to link with a competition that was happening on Social so did a collaboration. It's helpful to hear your feedback on how you feel about these types of entry methods, and we'll keep this in mind with future opportunities! thumbsup

As I don`t have a Twitter account, I`m more likely to enter any future competitons if participation was confined to the forum. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 20 of 31