Did you mean: 

Use your UK bundles in Europe!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

We have some great news regarding roaming in Europe.

from 15 June customers on O2’s Pay Monthly, Pay As You Go and Business tariffs will be able to use their inclusive allowances while travelling in Europe. So while the weather will hopefully be different to the UK, using their phone won’t be. And to celebrate, three lucky people will have the chance to win a weekend break to a European destination.

O2 customers don’t need to do anything to take advantage of the changes. Instead, from Thursday 15 June they’ll simply be able to make and receive calls and texts to anyone in O2’s Europe Zone and use their data allowance too. If they need extra data while they’re abroad, O2 customers will be able to add a Bolt On just like they can at home – they’ll be able to use any leftover data when they return too.

To help get people in to the holiday spirit, O2 is giving away three weekend breaks to a European destination and full details will be announced through its social media channels later today. Each break is for two people and includes flights, accommodation and £500 spending money. For more info on this giveaway check out the terms and conditions here wink

O2’s Europe Zone covers 47 countries for Pay Monthly and Business customers. These are: Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar (UK), Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin (French), San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands and Vatican City. Destinations outside the EU/EEA are also included – Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco and Switzerland.

For Pay As You Go customers Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco and Switzerland aren’t included in O2’s Europe Zone. Customers can still access these destinations at O2’s standard European rates or via the O2 Travel Bolt On. Pay As You Go £30 Big Bundle customers can use up to 10GB of their 20GB data allowance.

• From 15 June, O2 customers can use their inclusive calls, texts and data bundles when travelling to Europe at no extra cost.
  • O2’s Europe Zone for Pay Monthly and Business customers covers 47 countries including Jersey, Guernsey and Switzerland.
  • A chance to win one of three European weekend trips for two people in June, July and August including flights, accommodation and £500 spending money

O2 will be texting its customers about the changes from 15 May. For more information, including all the applicable terms and conditions see below.

Pay Monthly terms and conditions

Pay As You Go terms and conditions

If you have any questions about the roaming changes please ask wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

do we know if O2 will impose data speed restrictions after 50MB like they do now?

Message 41 of 72

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

do we know if O2 will impose data speed restrictions after 50MB like they do now?

No, not yet.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 42 of 72

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

We're waiting on answers to that question and the others raised in this thread. I'll post an update once I have more information. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 43 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Martin-O2 and @MI5 for your responses.

Message 44 of 72

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/roaming-15june-question/m-p/1050932#M128560

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 45 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/roaming-15june-question/m-p/1050932#M128560

You mean its been mentioned before @Beenherebefore ??? Shocked

Thanks for the link!

Message 46 of 72

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Sort of.....but keep your hopes up, sometimes O2 do things when they don't have to.......now let me think of an example..........
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 47 of 72

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Removing chargers to save the world....
Message 48 of 72

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Hi @NFH

I know that you were keen to see how the network were showing how many destinations or extras that they were creating.

well Vodafone have gone from 40 to 50 today now and clearly shows via a map of all the 50.

so Vodafone have done the same as all the other networks. 

I know now what you were saying early, but nearly all customers will see this much easier than saying can I use my roaming in Canary Islands as before it used to say Spain etc.  Some people did not know that Canary Islands for example are part of Spain.

to me it's a much clearer list that all the networks are doing,  right or wrong, it must be allowed as I can advise all mobile networks even in Eu and further away do the same.

ome network overseas says you can use your phone in England, Scotland, Wales and Norther Ireland.  People don't always know what is a part of one is part of another.

👍. Thanks

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 49 of 72

NFH
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 45 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

Hi @NFH

I know that you were keen to see how the network were showing how many destinations or extras that they were creating.

well Vodafone have gone from 40 to 50 today now and clearly shows via a map of all the 50.

so Vodafone have done the same as all the other networks. 

I know now what you were saying early, but nearly all customers will see this much easier than saying can I use my roaming in Canary Islands as before it used to say Spain etc.  Some people did not know that Canary Islands for example are part of Spain.

to me it's a much clearer list that all the networks are doing,  right or wrong, it must be allowed as I can advise all mobile networks even in Eu and further away do the same.

ome network overseas says you can use your phone in England, Scotland, Wales and Norther Ireland.  People don't always know what is a part of one is part of another.

👍. Thanks

It's helpful to list regions or islands of countries, but it is blatantly misleading to double-count any country in a headline total of destinations. Vodafone writes at https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/global-roaming/index.htm that "There’s no extra charge to use your home plan in our 50 Roam-free destinations". This is blatantly misleading, as there are only 41 destinations.

Message 50 of 72