Did you mean: 

Use your UK bundles in Europe!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

We have some great news regarding roaming in Europe.

from 15 June customers on O2’s Pay Monthly, Pay As You Go and Business tariffs will be able to use their inclusive allowances while travelling in Europe. So while the weather will hopefully be different to the UK, using their phone won’t be. And to celebrate, three lucky people will have the chance to win a weekend break to a European destination.

O2 customers don’t need to do anything to take advantage of the changes. Instead, from Thursday 15 June they’ll simply be able to make and receive calls and texts to anyone in O2’s Europe Zone and use their data allowance too. If they need extra data while they’re abroad, O2 customers will be able to add a Bolt On just like they can at home – they’ll be able to use any leftover data when they return too.

To help get people in to the holiday spirit, O2 is giving away three weekend breaks to a European destination and full details will be announced through its social media channels later today. Each break is for two people and includes flights, accommodation and £500 spending money. For more info on this giveaway check out the terms and conditions here wink

O2’s Europe Zone covers 47 countries for Pay Monthly and Business customers. These are: Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar (UK), Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin (French), San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, The Netherlands and Vatican City. Destinations outside the EU/EEA are also included – Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco and Switzerland.

For Pay As You Go customers Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Monaco and Switzerland aren’t included in O2’s Europe Zone. Customers can still access these destinations at O2’s standard European rates or via the O2 Travel Bolt On. Pay As You Go £30 Big Bundle customers can use up to 10GB of their 20GB data allowance.

• From 15 June, O2 customers can use their inclusive calls, texts and data bundles when travelling to Europe at no extra cost.
  • O2’s Europe Zone for Pay Monthly and Business customers covers 47 countries including Jersey, Guernsey and Switzerland.
  • A chance to win one of three European weekend trips for two people in June, July and August including flights, accommodation and £500 spending money

O2 will be texting its customers about the changes from 15 May. For more information, including all the applicable terms and conditions see below.

Pay Monthly terms and conditions

Pay As You Go terms and conditions

If you have any questions about the roaming changes please ask wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

So what have you done about it ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 51 of 72

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As a customer, I don't really care "how many" countries are listed. I just want to know if the country I am going to is included or not.
I get your point, honestly I do, but I have far more important things to worry about.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 72

NFH
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 45 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
As a customer, I don't really care "how many" countries are listed. I just want to know if the country I am going to is included or not.

@MI5- Yes, that is relevant when you're about to travel. However, when choosing a 24-month network for a new contract, particularly when your travel plans over the forthcoming 24 months are not yet known, the headline number of destinations is likely to be a selling point for frequent travellers. Where the headline figure is misleading because it double-counts many countries (as is the case here), then this distorts competition by causing consumers to make transactional decisions that they would not otherwise have taken; this breaches Regulation 5(5) of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

Message 53 of 72

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
So is the UK (for example) 1 country or 4 ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 72

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@NFH ......I will ask again, what have you done about it ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 55 of 72

NFH
  • 45 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So is the UK (for example) 1 country or 4 ?

@MI5  - The United Kingdom is one country, as recognised by the United Nations and almost every other country around the world. The usual meaning of a country is a sovereign state. The only sector that commonly sees the UK as multiple countries is football supporters.

Message 56 of 72

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The actual name of the sovereign state we are talking about is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK). The United Kingdom is made up of the countries England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/01/the-difference-between-the-uk-england-and-great-brit...

Currently using:
Message 57 of 72

NFH
  • 45 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
The actual name of the sovereign state we are talking about is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK). The United Kingdom is made up of the countries England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2012/01/the-difference-between-the-uk-england-and-great-brit...

@MI5  - For the various definitions of "country", I suggest reading https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Country

In this case, we are clearly talking about the sovereign state definition, not the nation definition for the four components of the UK. The Canary Islands are not a country by any definition; they are a region of Spain. The same can be said of the other regions of EU countries that O2 has misleadingly counted as countries within its headline total.

Message 58 of 72

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
So England , Ireland, Scotland and Wales are "components " now?

Currently using:
Message 59 of 72

NFH
  • 45 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So England , Ireland, Scotland and Wales are "components " now?

Ireland is a sovereign state, a country. England, Wales and Scotland are components of the UK. You omitted Northern Ireland, which is a province (another component) of the UK.

Message 60 of 72