Did you mean: 

Updated O2 Community Terms and Conditions

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Just a quick heads up that we've updated the Terms and Conditions for the O2 Community. If you haven't done so already please take a minute to have a read through. wink

You can find the Terms and Conditions for the Community here. If anyone has any questions about them please let us know below. 

The O2 Community team smiling

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2Only one query relating to this section

6.3 To help us moderate the O2 Community, all Content must be in English only.

Some people do not have English as their first language. On the rare occasion they post something in their native language a few members have used Google translate to decipher what has been posted (and shown English translation).

It was agreed (by Toby) if this happened and any member subsequently responded to the post, we were allowed to do it if we showed both foreign and English translation in our reply.

Is this still applicable?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I thought that was to be based on the language that was posted and under those circumstances to be flexible just as it always was?

I've no problem either way or with any other rules but I have been known to bite back....but god knows I'm trying 😀

Message 3 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As you well know @jonsie it did cause an issue when I responded in the way I mentioned above and the whole post was deleted without any warning or reason given

That's when we approached Toby who said as long as it was dealt with in the way I highlighted above, it would be acceptable. He also said we had to ask the poster first if they spoke any English at all. ....

I realise it doesn't happen much now ...but I was just asking for clarification. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Pretty sure in that case we'll get a Polish post tomorrow...... 😂 😂 

Message 5 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff@jonsie Going forward all posts on the O2 Community should be in English. If someone posts please report the post and we'll remove it and contact the poster asking them to use English. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2  As long as they are contacted all should be fine. I would hate to think the post would just be deleted without any contact at all. That would be so rude and confusing to the Op.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff As a rule we try to contact any member if an action (removal/moving) has been taken on something they have posted and will certainly do so if we completely remove someones thread. 

Whilst it's nice to help someone in their native language we want to avoid anything getting lost in translation and also ensure that the information posted is as assessable as possible, hence the rule about English only. 

signature

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Understood @Martin-O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions