Did you mean: 

Update on the O2 Webmail closure

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

As most of you are aware the O2 webmail service will be closing on the 20th June 2016. Several recent email's from O2 have stated that your email account will be closing on different dates. These dates were incorrect and I can confirm that your email account will definitely be closing on the 20th June 2016. Sorry for the mix up with the closure dates. 

There’s still time to transfer your contacts and email addresses, and attachments to Gmail and Outlook accounts (Hotmail). Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 20th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up an email account with someone else like Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), or another email account of your choice. Likewise, if you use your o2.co.uk email address as your login for any online services like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too in case of any password resets. 

If anyone has any questions please ask. 

Martin 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have info in a folder I called important, how do I transfer this content to a Gmail account I own ?
Message 21 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous and @Anonymous Apologies but personally I have taken you as far as I can. You will need someone a lot more tech savvy than me for any other problems you incur... I have just checked and see @viridis is currently online. I have tagged him and hope he can help...(or anyone else of course)...if it's not straightforward then I am stumped. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 75

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I got a feeling that the server type doesn't allow transfer of folders, only individual messages.
Message 23 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I can't see the info I've stored in my important folder ?
Message 24 of 75

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I got a feeling that the server type doesn't allow transfer of folders, only individual messages.

Yes my other half has confirmed that @viridis

Basically you create a folder in Gmail then transfer everything individually from your O2 mail folders into the new Gmail one. They wont transfer across as a complete folder.

Or forward the messages in your O2 folders to your new Gmail account....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 75

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
The result of the joys of using a webmail service rather than downloading onto a computer using an email client.
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 26 of 75

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Your best option is to forward all the emails into GMAIL and make a folder there.

Message 27 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

but I cant get into to my  webmail to send stored information anywhere

Message 28 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

but I cant get into to my  webmail to send stored information anywhere

Then it may well be that your particular server has closed or is closing. I don't know what other advice we can give either than contact customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus or ask @Martin-O2 to comment here

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I don't recall any emails or notifications from o2 about this.

I've set up a new hotmail account but I can't transfer the emails over

So I've set up a gmail account, but this also doesn't work

I tried asking o2, who fobbed me off to sky, who then tried to fob be back off to o2!

I've booked a call from an o2 guru on Monday at 6pm.

In the meantime, can anyone please help? (or suggest how to get the best help from the guru?)

Thanks

Message 30 of 75