Did you mean: 

Update on the O2 Webmail closure

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi guys, 

As most of you are aware the O2 webmail service will be closing on the 20th June 2016. Several recent email's from O2 have stated that your email account will be closing on different dates. These dates were incorrect and I can confirm that your email account will definitely be closing on the 20th June 2016. Sorry for the mix up with the closure dates. 

There’s still time to transfer your contacts and email addresses, and attachments to Gmail and Outlook accounts (Hotmail). Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 20th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up an email account with someone else like Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), or another email account of your choice. Likewise, if you use your o2.co.uk email address as your login for any online services like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too in case of any password resets. 

If anyone has any questions please ask. 

Martin 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 75
74 REPLIES 74

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Martin,

I have set up a new e mail account with Outlook, but am having problems with my O2 account now - it has not received any new mails since 25/5/16 and before that any mails sent to my new outlook account from o2 webmail did not arrive, though were in the sent box. I have tried to send a message to another hotmail account tonight from O2 but that has not arrived either. Outlook support are getting nowhere in trying to solve this, and the o2 support line is discontinued, so I am not getting very far with this issue.

I need to transfer my o2 folders soon as the deadline is approaching and I have been trying to do this for 2 weeks now without sucess!

If I can't transfer to another e mail account can I save the o2 folders some other way?

Steve R

Message 11 of 75

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous have you followed this

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-email-closure-transferring-your-contacts

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 12 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I try to view my o2 webmail using a tablet Im now getting a security cert error, what is going on ?

Message 13 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When I try to view my o2 webmail using a tablet Im now getting a security cert error, what is going on ?

This is a sign that the service is closing. Everyone using O2 webmail had notice of this closure 3 years ago (Unless you migrated to Sky) ...O2 have been slowly closing down there servers since then 3 months ago that date was given as June 7th...now it is June 20th. The advice was...and still is ...to transfer your contacts as soon as possible to a new email service...

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/digital-services/o2-email-closure-transferring-your-contacts

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that, was worried that something fishy was going on
Message 15 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for that, was worried that something fishy was going on

Nothing fishy... just total shutdown of O2 webmail.....so the service will be variable. Imperative you move service asap @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 75

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous just to second what @Cleoriff has said I would advise getting everything changed over to another e-mail provider ASAP. Also be aware that the O2 webmail wont forward on any emails after the shutdown so get the address changed at the sites you need access to rather then relying on the forwarding function. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable
So how can I get into my webmail to copy stuff ?
Message 18 of 75

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So how can I get into my webmail to copy stuff ?

Have you seen this I posted yesterday?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 75

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link - I have followed the instructions and seem to have sucessfully set up the g mail account and started the import of the O2 Inbox. This seems a lot easier than the Outlook.com e mail service, so thanks for the tip. One thing which does not seem to be transferring across  so far are my folders from the o2 site, which I need too - any ideas if this willl just take a while but will eventually transfer , or do I need to do something else? Thanks again for the help, made more progress tonight than in the previous fortnight with so called 'support' at Outlook and O2 put together!

Message 20 of 75