Did you mean: 

Upcoming community team changes

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

I have some important news to share about some upcoming changes to the community team. As some of you know the O2 community has been managed by a 3rd party company for the past 10 years. This has been a fantastic partnership which has seen the O2 Community grow and flourish over the years with numerous improvements to the community platform and in the way that the community is managed, which has allowed us to provide a better customer experience and make the community one of the best out there! 

Regrettably this partnership is coming to and end which means that myself and @Breanna will be leaving the community at the end of August. There will be a new community team coming in (who will be introduced shortly) to take over under the guidance of @Chris_K, who has been a major part of managing the community alongside the community team for many years now. Myself and Breanna will be working with the new team during August to help the transition and hand over the tasks and you shouldn't notice any major changes to how the community is managed. 

On a personal note I wanted to say how much I have enjoyed my time working on the O2 community! We have gone through some major changes over the years with several facelifts to the platform including the introduction of the responsive design, the launch of multiple new boards and tons of fun games, quizzes, movie nights and interesting conversations in off topic! It's been a real pleasure and I'm going to miss working on this community and interacting with the members. 

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this news please let us know in the comments below. 

Martin and Breanna 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Such a shame. Not many people like change and it will be interesting to see how the future of the community develops

@Martin-O2 @Breanna you have been a big part of our lives on the community and thank you for all you have done for not only the community but also on a personal level

There has been a lot of changes of managers over the years but I wish you both the best in the next chapter of your careers

Good luck and Bon Voyage!

1.gif

Message 2 of 21

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@jonsie going right for the heart on that one 😭 I've not been here long but I'm gonna miss you guys.

Message 3 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12119 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Them's some big shoes to fill!

Really sorry to hear that @Martin-O2 . As @jonsie says, you both you and @Breanna are a big part of the community and have helped navigate some tricky waters through your time with us.

Good luck to both of you with whatever you are going to next, and as with all the other previous community managers you are both welcome back anytime.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 21

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6707 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1494 Solutions

Best wishes to @Martin-O2 and @Breanna, obviously there are big changes coming up in the near future and there is still an uncertainty on VM/O2 staffing, but whatever happens you can hold your heads up that you did a good job while you were here.

All the best for the future, wherever the road leads.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 21

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4433 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Martin-O2  @Breanna 

Really sorry to hear you're leaving us, you'll both be badly missed by everyone on here.

There are obviously changes ahead and somehow I don't think it will be all good news, but hope I'm wrong.

My best wishes to you both for the future.  

Message 6 of 21

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Grab a cuppa, fetch some tissues and hold onto your hats - I'm about to get emotional... 😢

For a long time now, and for longer than I've been part of the O2 Community, we've had unbelievable support, expertise and advice from Standing on Giants (SoG), a third party supplier we partnered with who has origins within O2 itself. SoG, who employ Martin and Breanna and all of the past Community Managers you may remember - including Toby, Marjo, Emilie, Lukas, Theresa, Carla, Mercedes, Lewys & Rafa - have been managing the day-to-day running of the Community, planning content to keep you engaged, and making the O2 Community feel like, well, a community.

I just want to say thank you @Martin-O2 and @Breanna for all of your amazing and hard work. And Martin, you've been such a huge constant for us on the Community, steering us for many years. I can't even begin to convey just how much I've valued your expertise and how much I'll miss your support and even just our catch-up's and chit chats. We've had a fantastic working relationship over the years to the point I'll always see you as a friend more than a colleague/partner.

I hate goodbye's but Martin, Breanna, and everyone at SoG that has helped get the O2 Community to where it is today - thank you, truly, for everything. You're amazing at what you do and I hope our paths cross again at some point in the future. Until then, we love you and already miss you.

To our members: I'd hate for this farewell thread to become political, but I know you may have questions so I will create a new thread in the coming days outlining our new structure and what to expect, but long story short: Martin, Breanna and all at SoG have helped build the O2 Community legacy and it's not something I'll allow to be thrown away. We'll take what they have built and we'll use that as a rock solid foundation. This is your community, and I hope you'll all stay with us for the next leg of the journey.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 21

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the kind words @jonsie@gmarkj@Enlli@BobM it's been a wild ride over the past 7 and a half years and I'm immensely proud of what we've managed to achieve as a community during my time here. The heart of the community is the members and I'm happy that this community will continue to be a fantastic place to get help and have fun in my absence.  

I also want to say a big thank you to @Chris_K and @ColinO2 for the ongoing support over the years. They have both been strong advocates of the community during my time here and it wouldn't be what it is today without them. They will both continue to take a big part in managing the community once we've gone so you will be in good hands!! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 8 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10252 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

Will be sorry to see you go @Martin-O2 @Breanna  

You will both be missed, and your help with stuff has been much appreciated over the years, hope you wont be come strangers on here, but as they onwards and upwards. 

And good luck for the future @Chris_K and his new team will have some big shoes to fill 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 21

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh! I'm going to miss this place, it's been a big part of my life for nearly a decade now so I'm sad to be leaving. 

signature

Message 10 of 21