Did you mean: 

Up-coming team changes

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

As most of you know Lukas recently left his position on the O2 community 😞 and unfortunately for all of us Theresa will also be leaving to pursue an exciting new position managing a new community. 😭

Luckily I won't be left alone to rattle around the back end of the community like some old recluse in a deserted mansion, as we have 2 new community managers starting today!! 😅

Rather then do 3 separate posts I thought it would be simpler to lump all the team changes in together so I've left a space below for @TheresaV's leaving post and an introduction to our 2 brand new community managers, @lewys-gp and @RafaC😊 😎

A fond farewell to @TheresaV..... 

Hi everyone 👋

This week will be my last week on the O2 Community. Similar to Lukas, a new opportunity has arisen for me which I decided to take, so this Friday will be my last day. But, don’t worry, you will be in very good hands with two amazing new people joining the team - Rafael and Lewys.

I have had an amazing time on this community and it was such a pleasure getting to know you all better. I will be sad to leave this behind but I will be looking back at a lot of amazing memories. I learned a lot and laughed a lot and I wouldn’t want to miss this time and will remember all of you dearly.

Thank you for everything and all the very best to all of you ❤️

Lots of love,

Theresa

A big welcome to @lewys-gp

Hi, everyone! Lewys here. As you can maybe tell from the spelling of my name, I’m from Wales 󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿. Is that a personality trait? But in all seriousness, I was previously working in Marketing and Communications, so I’m excited to get started with Community work.

I like music (been to Glasto five times ), reading and creative writing, all sport but mainly football and honestly, everything else in between. Always up for a chat so feel free to ask questions or message me about anything.

I’ve already had a look at the White Room Quizzes too, so am looking forward to participating and mostly losing in that. But in all seriousness, I am here to help! So, please don’t hesitate to message or mention me. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Cheers! 😄

And an equally big welcome to @RafaC

Hey everyone,My name is Rafa, I’m a new Community Manager and I’ll be here alongside Martin and Lewys to make sure this community remains a fun and reliable place for your questions, suggestions and requests as well as the good ol’ chit-chat.

So that you know a little bit about me, I’m very interested in technology and new gadgets, especially regarding their functionalities for creative work, as I am always fiddling around with making music and taking pictures. And of course creating is also about sharing so I’m always up for having a conversation about anything creative.

I love the great outdoors and I thoroughly enjoy walking in the city, hiking in the mountains as well as practicing a lot of sports without a roof above my head (which includes cycling, skateboarding and why not my beloved football and basketball). I also love taking photos and making videos during my activities.

And now that I’m here, I’m really excited to get to know everyone! I’m sure we’ll be able to learn a lot from each other and share great things (I already noticed that some of you love photography too). Can’t wait to hear from you guys! Please drop me a PM whenever you feel like it 🙂

See you around the community,
Rafa

Please join me in saying thank you and goodbye to @TheresaV and in welcoming our 2 new recruits, @lewys-gp and @RafaC to the mad house!! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

So sorry to see @TheresaV  leaving. We have had some good times and thanks for all your help in the past. Wishing you all the best in your new job x

Welcome @lewys-gp Nice to have you here. I see you mention football and all sports. Would your name indicate you like Formula 1 ( i.e.GP?)  If so, I'm a fanatic and we have a F1 thread running in Off Topic. 😂 My son has been to Glastonbury about 11 times. I love music everything except jazz.

No point in hiding the fact I'm probably older than most on here, A retired nurse so will be able to help if you happen to hurt yourself 😂

Welcome @RafaC Really looking forward to getting to know you more. You seem to enjoy the great outdoors and taking part in sports.  Pleased to see you are creative. It will be much appreciated on here.

Hope both of you settle in quickly and as long as you realise I am a bit bossy and never wrong, we will get along just fine roflinnocent (just joking) Welcome xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 46

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

So long @TheresaV and welcome @RafaC @lewys-gp 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 46

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

Good Luck @TheresaV in your new role.... 

And welcome to the o2 equivalent of the Arkham Asylum @RafaC @lewys-gp  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 13 of 46

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff, unfortunately, they are initials and not an indicator for F1! However, I am slowly becoming a convert so maybe the off-topic thread will be the final push I need 😂. My friend is a fanatic, so I've been made to watch the Drive to Survive series and also the new Shumacer documentary. I've caught a couple of races this season and am pretty much on the edge of my seat for the whole time haha. 

Thanks for the warm welcome, @MI5 and @madasaf1sh!

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 14 of 46

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Thank you everyone @madasaf1sh @MI5 @Cleoriff, I am sure the guys will take over in no time and you will have forgotten all about me in a week 😂 Just joking but they do are a great lot 😉

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

The Schumacher documentary was very nice and glossed over @lewys-gp I think they felt, due to his life changing injuries, they could only show what a 'nice bloke' he was. The family had control of what was shown so obviously they couldn't show you what a ruthless dirty driver he was. Still he is a 7 x WDC and I'm hoping my favourite driver of today (Lewis Hamilton) will get his 8th WDC this year or next. It's a great season this year with the battle between Max and Lewis. May the best man win. 😎

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 46

Cleoriff
  • 122803 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

We certainly won't forget you in a week @TheresaV.. I'm really really sorry you are leaving xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Barely got to know you @TheresaV 😕 but fingers crossed the next place knows how lucky they are to have you! 

Big Croeso  to the new guys too! 

Message 18 of 46

RafaC
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Cleoriff Thank you for the welcome message, I'm looking forward to know you more too! Hope my creative side can be of service here in the community slight_smile 
I did see you've mentioned you're a huge F1 fan, and as it happens, unfortunately I'm not, BUT my dad is crazy about F1, to the point that he made his passion his profession: he's been a race car photographer for more than 40 years now and had the pleasure to shoot F1 races all over the world, including Silverstone many times! So I grew up immersed in it, although my interests moved towards the photography side of it, not the sport itself 😛

Thanks for the welcome @MI5 and @Anonymous ! And thanks as well to @madasaf1sh - your mention of the Arkham Asylum sparked many memories of when I had plenty of time to read comic books!I'm still a huge fan though. Arkham Asylum by one of my favourite comic book authors, the Glaswegian Grant Morrison, is one of my favourites from the Dark Knight 🦇

Message 19 of 46

MI5
  • 144155 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Theresa who ? 🤐

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 46