Did you mean: 

Try the Tech: New phase!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As many of you know, we often loan devices out to members, so that you can have a go with the some of the latest phones to see what you think. You can then also write reviews or guides about the devices, which helps other members on the community decide whether to consider them slight_smile

We're ready for a new phase and below are the devices we currently have to loan out:

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI 

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 

SONY XPERIA Z BLACK 

SONY Z1  

NOKIA 1020

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 10.1 4G

HTC ONE MINI SILVER

MOTOROLA MOTO X

We have more than one of some of these devices, giving more of you a chance to test them out! If you'd like to have a go, post here or send me a private message and we can discuss options slight_smile

Also, if you have any ideas of devices you'd like to try out in the future that are not included here, let us know too!

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable
Me too jonsie. slight_smile

Writing a review on a 'Try the Tech' device is on the individuals choice, if I recall from the initial rollout of this awesome programme.

Maybe this is why we have not had the pleasure of reading one.
Message 151 of 173

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I thought that writing a review on the loan device you trial was custom and practice @Anonymous

If it was an 'individual choice' whether you wrote one or not, then what would be the point of the trial?

How would any of us know how well the phone functioned...or not... in some cases??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 152 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
I concur @Cleoriff

I think the words 'perhaps' write a review or post a video about your experience were used.
Message 153 of 173

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I am not involved in any of these trials  (what would be the pointSmiley Frustrated)

However, I look forward to reading all the reviews posted by those who trial the phones.

I think I know what phone I will be having next.....but reviews of this nature COULD help me make a more informed choice.

In my previous job, I was always trialling new equipment. We had it on loan for a month or two. We ALWAYS wrote a review of everything we were loaned. This way, we were able to decide what we would purchase as an NHS Trust

Additionally, this helped manufacturers to re-assess equipment and in effect make alterations to provide greater efficiency.

So I think a review SHOULD be a condition of trialling the phones.

(I shall now step down from my soapbox) Drum

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 154 of 173

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Writing a review on a 'Try the Tech' device is on the individuals choice, if I recall from the initial rollout of this awesome programme.

Maybe this is why we have not had the pleasure of reading one.

I was under the impression that at least a short appraisal was expected if not a full review to help other members assess the phones suitability. wink

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Device-loan-trial/m-p/575672#M39501

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 155 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @aldaweb

I agree it's one of the many reasons to try out these handsets ,but it's not a stipulation as to being chosen to having a device.

slight_smile
Message 156 of 173

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
The more reviews the better but I don't believe it's compulsory. I do believe however, the whole point is to pass on your experiences and opinions to help others to decide whether a particular phone meets their requirements or expectations. It's only common courtesy to relay this to other members.

It should be looked on as a privilege, not as a reason to complain about adding a little to the postage. God, people will be wanting a courier to collect it next!
Message 157 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Apologies for the incorrect postage, it should have been rectified now.

While not compulsory, reviews, feedback and thoughts are very important to us because they are extremely useful for the whole community. Most of you put a lot of care and effort in your reviews (you have impressed many people in O2 :smileywink:) but if someone doesn't have the time or inclination to produce such great write ups even a few thoughts would be great. slight_smile

Message 158 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Honestly Toby no apology warranted mate. slight_smile
Message 159 of 173

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly Toby no apology warranted mate. slight_smile

Shhhhhsh..... It was Chiara wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 160 of 173