Did you mean: 

Try the Tech: New phase!

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

As many of you know, we often loan devices out to members, so that you can have a go with the some of the latest phones to see what you think. You can then also write reviews or guides about the devices, which helps other members on the community decide whether to consider them slight_smile

We're ready for a new phase and below are the devices we currently have to loan out:

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI 

SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE3 

SONY XPERIA Z BLACK 

SONY Z1  

NOKIA 1020

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 10.1 4G

HTC ONE MINI SILVER

MOTOROLA MOTO X

We have more than one of some of these devices, giving more of you a chance to test them out! If you'd like to have a go, post here or send me a private message and we can discuss options slight_smile

Also, if you have any ideas of devices you'd like to try out in the future that are not included here, let us know too!

Toby

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 173
172 REPLIES 172

Anonymous
Not applicable
dmason197 said "I've got a really annoying Blackberry Bold 9900 which I've had for donkey years and I cannot upgrade for a long time?"

Lol.

It's awesome we are given the opportunity to play with these phones and if so inclined post a review in the Discussions boards.
Message 61 of 173

dmason197
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I couldn't agree more, I've sent a message too Toby and Hopefully he can get a Blackberry Z10 for me? 🙂 As I really cannot put up with the Blackberry Bold 9900 much longer and I know It's only a 2 week trial period however I'll probably try some other devices as well 🙂 🙂
Message 62 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently reviewing the Nokia Lumia 1020 phone and actually really liking it.

The windows platform is sleek.
Message 63 of 173

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm currently reviewing the Nokia Lumia 1020 phone and actually really liking it.

Looking forward to your thoughts in comparison to iPhone Whistle

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 64 of 173

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking forward to your thoughts in comparison to iPhone Whistle

...this is the primary reason why I also opterd to review the Lumia 1020 - to see how it compares to my current iPhone 5!!

As my contract officially ends this September (conveniently when the much rumored iPhone 6 will be released), if the Lumia and its Windows interface truly wows me, its gonna be a hard decision come September time...!!!!

Confused

Message 65 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmason197 wrote:
I couldn't agree more, I've sent a message too Toby and Hopefully he can get a Blackberry Z10 for me? 🙂 As I really cannot put up with the Blackberry Bold 9900 much longer and I know It's only a 2 week trial period however I'll probably try some other devices as well 🙂 🙂

If you can get a Z10 or Z30 you will be blown away by the difference to BBOS7 and your Bold 9900! There is a learning curve when making the switch to BB10 and an all touch device but its is so intuitive and fast you'll pick it up in no time.

The Bold 9900 is a great device, but the Z10 blows it out of the water.

Message 66 of 173

dmason197
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 70 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I cannot wait too test the new Blackberry Z10 and It'll be even better when O2 announce 4G coverage? I'll let u know MY though'ts when I receive the Blackberry Z10 but at the moment I'm waiting for Toby too find out If they have the Blackberry Z10
Message 67 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
@aldaweb wrote "Looking forward to your thoughts in comparison to iPhone"

And a balanced honest one it will be too. slight_smile
Message 68 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
@DinoF did you receive the luminous yellow variant ??
Message 69 of 173

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @dmason197 said "I couldn't agree more, I've sent a message too Toby and Hopefully he can get a Blackberry Z10 for me? 🙂 As I really cannot put up with the Blackberry Bold 9900 much longer and I know It's only a 2 week trial period however I'll probably try some other devices as well 🙂 :-)"

This is why I suggested having the Blackberry models introduced into the review programme which Toby thankfully implemented. slight_smile
Message 70 of 173