Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 44
Kudos: 216

Re: Try the Tech: New Phase (4/8/14)

@jonsie wrote:

Yes, there's nothing more frustrating. When I switched on to set the note3 up there was the 4.4.2 update waiting but I couldn't proceed until there was 15% battery.

Every device I've had has needed an update straight away. I would have thought it better to send them out with the latest available firmware, but then I suppose we do get to trial the update procedure Smiley Wink

iPhone 11 Pro (O2 eSIM,3), Note 10+(EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Highlighted
Former Staff

Hi dmason, I'll answer it soon Smiley Happy

Would you guys like us to see if we can charge them before sending?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Highlighted
Topics: 572

It isn't really a problemup straight away.@Toby but it certainly helps when you can set things up straight away.

It's really common courtesy to charge up before you send it back as you seem to turn them round straight away.

Highlighted
Topics: 546

It's more of a request / reminder to the forum members before sending them back to O2 rather than a request to O2.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

I see itvas a courtesy  

Good Idea

Highlighted

Indeed it is as many of us have mentioned.
It shouldn't be too difficult for anyone to accomplish either.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Former Staff

Cook, OK guys.

Well I'll make sure to include a gentle reminder in all future posts/PMs.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Given that o2 provide this service free to those of us on here i am again somewhat disappointed that we, as forum members, appear to expect o2 to do everything for us.

I think it is reasonable for us to charge the phones if that is needed. All we need to do is charge the phone before we put our sim in.

I find it reasonable that we update the phone if the phone demands it.

I also find it reasonable that we return the phones with a reasonable amount of charge (noting that the Royal Mail are "cautious" about accepting packages with batteries in.

At this rate we will expect poor @Toby to bring us breakfast, a cuppa and a free holiday with each phone. .......😆😆😆😆😆

Play reasonable everyone

(Edited to remove typos ((@Cleoriff)) lol)

Highlighted
Topics: 572

We've not asked Toby to do anything. All we are asking is that people charge the phone before returning it.

Half the fun of having these phones to trial are the updates and experience of the improvements.

Highlighted

I think you've missed the point Nick - The suggestion throughout, I believe, was that we take the time to recharge the device before returning it so that the next user can "get on with it" without having to wait for it to charge ?

Currently using: