Try the Tech: New Phase! - 10/6/14

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Its that magical time again wink

A chance for you to test out a device on loan from O2 and then to write a little review about it for others to learn from!

We have the same batch of devices this month and I've listed them below. Its going to be first-come-first-serve, so please send me a private message with your first choice, as well as a 2nd (and 3rd if you have one). I'll then do my best to allocate devices to those who have chosen them.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 MINI 

SONY XPERIA Z BLACK 

SONY Z1  

NOKIA 1020

SONY XPERIA Z ULTRA

SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB3 10.1 4G

HTC ONE MINI SILVER

MOTOROLA MOTO X

BLACKBERRY Z10

BLACKBERRYZ30

Any others you'd like to see? List them below and we'll try to obtain some slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Mmmm Not seen a delivery yet. Was waiting for the lumia 1020 but guess not to be this time round. Oh well 😢

Well one is on its way Piper, so if you dont want it, let me know tongue_winking

Get involved:

Message 31 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooh @Toby 

I can promise you I DO WANT IT!!!!! I am looking forward to trialling this one especially after BoB's review.

Message 32 of 44

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Well that was a nice knock on the door today, 🙂

Play time.....
Message 33 of 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I wouldn't want to read my "review" on a payg mobile data plan lmao.
Message 35 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
I missed my knock yesterday 😞 so I'll be knocking on the sorting office door at 7am this morning. slight_smile

Edit ; Journey made and new toy set up and charging.

slight_smile
Message 36 of 44

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Sory you missded your knock BoB!

Get testing guys slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 37 of 44

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Did you just actually say "missded"?
Message 38 of 44

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I shall be very open and honest.
I "was" going to attempt a in depth camera comparison between the xperia z2 and the lumia 1020.
I say "was" because I am finding it very very veeeeerrrryyy difficult to not make the Sony camera look absolute pants in comparison.
The lumias camera is just too damn good, seriously, it's crazy how good the camera is.
I will instead focus on one thing and one thing only, a feature that they both have and is fairer to compare.
The quick shot buttons, the buttons that 9/10 is how people will boot up the cams and take a quick shot.
Message 39 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, I was fortunate enough to get the Nokia 1020 in this batch of tech testers. So far I have been using in place of my Galaxy S4 over the weekend and so far I agree with the posts above, the camera is really day and night compared to any phone camera I have used (since Nokia 6500 Carl Zeiss lens). The pictures are awesome. All other features work well and the Microsoft store seems packed with great apps and really good free games including Modern Warfare, asphalt, fifa 14.
I did have some issue with contacts syncing from both my Google account and hotmail account, did a bit of research and it seems to be a common problem.
Anyway, I just wanted to advise that I am happy to answer any queries anyone has and wanted to ask if they were considering this phone and had not yet had the opportunity to test this phone.
I have been used to android and apple office systems and wanted to test the windows phones and this is really an excellent process to allow customers to do so, other than playing with the phone in the shop, which doesn't allow you to fully experience a phone.
happy to chat.
G.
Message 40 of 44