Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new Sony Xperia 1 III 5G has launched

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

sony-xperia-1-iii-gwp-sku-header-040821.pngHey guys, me again. The good news just keep on coming. The new Sony Xperia 1 III 5G has launched just now. 

A smartphone designed to go the distance. The Xperia 1 III’s combination of AF speed and new optics reaching 105mm, won’t let you down. If you’re a film fan or a go-hard gamer, the 4K HDR 120Hz Refresh rate display and impressive audio is action packed to go above and beyond your expectations. 

Just look at it 😍 But there is more why we love this device:

Focus on the finer details
sony-xperia-1-III-os1-300721.jpegMissing those magical moments can be so frustrating. That’s why you need a phone ready to capture it all, even if you’re not. Running on Real-time Tracking and using professional technology with Alpha cameras, the Xperia 1 III makes taking epic shots feel like a breeze. And when your subject won’t stay still it accurately detects them without losing focus. Whether it’s the kids fidgeting or your pet not playing ball for the perfect photo, the Xperia 1 III will keep tracking even if they temporarily move out of sight.

See life through the lens
sony-xperia-1-III-os2-300721.jpegFeeling creative? With Xperia 1 III’s four versatile lens options reaching up to 105mm, you can really go the extra mile with each shot. Share your design inspiration images. Present your pro-like photos to the team. It’s the world’s first smartphone with a variable telephoto lens and Dual PD sensor in one. Ready for every business occasion, the telephoto system supports fast AF - even at extended focal lengths, so you can zoom in on what’s important.

Everything on display

sony-xperia-1-III-os3-300721.jpegWatching a new film from the top ten list or scrolling through reels on your socials. The Xperia 1 III comes with only the best views. Get lost in any plot with its 4K HDR OLED 120Hz Refresh rate display with BRAVIA® picture quality. You can sit back, take a breather and enjoy all of life’s entertainment right from the screen.

Go far and wide with your gaming
sony-xperia-1-III-os4-300721.jpegGet geared up for next level smooth and blur-free gaming. With the 21:9 CinemaWide™ display, you’ll always get a wider view of all the action. The native 120Hz Refresh rate display has 240Hz Motion blur reduction, so fast moving objects are rendered clearly for seamless gameplay, alone or against friends. Let the games begin.

What a launch day guys. What do you think of this beauty? Are you upgrading to it? I wish it would make sense having more than one phone 😂

SalesButton.png

Message us on Facebook Messenger Message us on Twitter

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Looks a great piece of kit

I certainly know one person who has probably already climaxed....joy

Message 2 of 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Looking at whether to stump up the extra for this compared to the Xperia 1ii, or to go for the Oppo Find X3 Pro.

Too many good phones now!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis  have you got this one? wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 19

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Had no idea it was coming out yet.

Nowt wrong with my Xperia 1ii if totally honest lol.

(I know, odd ain't it)

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I could rid myself of Apple & try Sony.. They always look fab. (had a Z3 yonks ago (for a short time))

Message 6 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Had no idea it was coming out yet.

Nowt wrong with my Xperia 1ii if totally honest lol.

(I know, odd ain't it)

Blimey!! That's a change @viridis tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Z3 was a damn good phone all those years ago. My youngest (not a phone fanatic) had two Z3's and not really liked any other phone as much. Stuck with Android but still got the non working Z3's in a box here!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Still got my O2 exclusive purple Z3.

That was a great phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 19

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Fairly sure I know what the answer will be, but which would you recommend @viridis - Mk2, Mk3, Find X3 Pro or the Mi 11?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 19