The future of the O2 community

ColinO2
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

We wanted to address some recent discussions about the future of the O2 and Virgin Media communities that have been taking place on the forum. 

As you know Virgin Media and O2 officially announced their merger back in June of 2021. Since then we have seen the launch of Volt, which provides benefits to customers of both Virgin Media and O2, The opening up of Priority for Virgin Media customers and the recent migration of Virgin Media mobile customers to the O2 network. Along with lots of changes to processes behind the scenes this has been part of a wider project to bring both sides of the business closer together. 

This brings us on to the community space and our long term plans for both communities. You might have noticed that the Virgin Media community has recently updated to the same platform version that the O2 community is using, which has a very similar look and feel to O2's community. 

Our intention is to bring both communities together in one space, taking the best bits from both communities and building something even greater! The planning for this change is still in the early stages and we haven't fully explored exactly what this combined community will look like. 

Over the coming weeks and months we will be contacting the member base both privately and publicly to ask for your help, suggestions and feedback so you can help us shape our plans for the future. The most important part of any community is our members and your input on this process will be invaluable in helping us build a better community for both Virgin Media and O2 customers.  

We understand that this is big news and will be one of the largest changes to ever happen to the O2 Community; likewise on the Virgin Media Community. Please use the comments to share any thoughts, concerns, ideas or feedback you might have. Whilst we won't have answers right away your input will greatly assist us in the planning phase of this project. 

Colin, Chris and the community team. 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36749 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

On O2 Community Forum, I see who and when in all views, @Enlli - except in Private Messages, annoyingly, where there is a datestamp but no timestamp.

Message 11 of 24

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123597 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7482 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

On O2 Community Forum, I see who and when in all views, @Enlli - except in Private Messages, annoyingly, where there is a datestamp but no timestamp.

Also no way of knowing if they have been read @pgn. Those of us who remember the lovely @Glory1  on here, will know that after PM's I sent her went unread for 3 days, no answer to emails or texts, caused me to phone the police in London. She had fallen and was unable to get up. The police broke in and found her alive but dehydrated. She was then taken to hospital. All this happened initially because I could see 3 PM's I sent went unread.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 24

pgn
  • 36749 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

Yes, the PM system in O2's Khoros setup is poor at giving any sort of feedback on the state od a PM once sent, or on when a PM was received.

Also the Guides area is still pretty ropey when trying to get to the last post - you are always dropped in at the head post rather than the tail - lots of pointless scrolling...

That said, the VM Forum provides very little in the Message view by way of data/time of message:

pgn_0-1684664453275.png

Although the Search results do have a date-time stamp:

pgn_1-1684664624651.png

And general browsing of topics show a date-time stamp, I have just noticed:

pgn_0-1684665126843.png

(Not quite so sure about the quality of the answers though... 😁)

Let's hope the O2 Khoros Settings are applied to the VM site at merge-time, and not t'other way about... assuming there's any semblance of order after the deed!

Message 13 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

And yet we still have the annoying survey pop up at regular intervals

[Removed]

Message 14 of 24

pgn
  • 36749 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1654 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

And yet we still have the annoying survey pop up at regular intervals

Yes. A right pita it is too... 🫤

Message 15 of 24

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6861 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1532 Solutions

Popped up at least 5 times today. 3 of them in the middle of writing.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 16 of 24

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10334 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3030 Solutions

Don't get me started on the Survey, it really is grating more than it did before

Can someone turn the useless thing off.. Or we are start filling it in and scoring all 1's

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 17 of 24

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25273 Posts
  • 822 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Been getting the Survey pop-up regularly.

I thought this had been sorted...

oh and don`t try fobbing me off with "clear history, cache, etc etc" it doesn`t make a scrap of difference

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 18 of 24

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6861 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1532 Solutions

Filled it in this morning, put a complaint in the comments box, said I would not recommend O2 and gave a zero rating

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 19 of 24

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

We're all getting the popup @Mi-Amigo.  Between 5-15 minutes for me and no clearing the cache or anything else hasn't been working. No news on it when it'll get sorted as yet. 

Message 20 of 24