Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Next Galaxy - Thu 13th Aug!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

For those who don't know, Samsung have a 'Samsung Unpacked' event at 4PM today (13th Aug). EXCITING!

Official_Invitation_Teaser_1024x683_v2.png

So what do you think we’ll see from Samsung this time around? Super-capacity graphene battery? X-Ray photography? Infinity core CPU? Perhaps a bit too sci-fi’ish but lets dream big!

I’ll be back 4pm tomorrow and I’ll be live-updating the post below with all the official specs and features as and when it’s announced, so keep an eye on the thread if you’re unable to watch the live feed.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

The device specifications below will be updated with official info as and when it's announced by Samsung, starting 4pm tomorrow - 13th August. I'll also post some of the bigger announcements / specs on a new post in this thread so we can discuss it further if you'd like slight_smile

Note 5
DISPLAY: 5.7" QHD Super AMOLED, 2560 x 1440 (518ppi)
CPU: Exynos 7420 Octa core (2.1GHz Quad + 1.5GHz Quad 64 bit processor
MEMORY: 4GB LPDDR4 / 32GB or 64GB
CAMERA: f1.9 16MP rear camera / 5MP front camera / 4K Video recording with VDIS for even better image stabilisation
BATTERY: 3,000mAh / Built-in fast wireless charging. Zero to full in 2 hours.

S6 Edge+
DISPLAY: 
5.7" QHD Super AMOLED2560 x 1440 (518ppi)
CPU: 
Exynos 7420 Octa core (2.1GHz Quad + 1.5GHz Quad 64 bit processor
MEMORY: 
4GB LPDDR4 / 32GB or 64GB
CAMERA: 
f1.9 16MP rear camera / 5MP front camera / 4K Video recording with VDIS for even better image stabilisation
BATTERY: 
3,000mAh / Built-in fast wireless charging. Zero to full in 2 hours.

FEATURES:
- Samsung Pay - This has been announced to accompany the S6E+ & Note 5 to make mobile payments easier and more secure than ever
- The Note 5 is thinner, smaller and lighter than before, with a curved glass back. It has a similar premium design to the S6 but with stronger metal
- Redesigned and better than ever S-Pen, to have the accuracy of a real ball-point pen
- New keyboard case announced to give Note 5 users a full QWERTY hardware keyboard
- "Live Broadcast" announced - an alternative to Periscope, but Samsungs new feature uses YouTube as a base. People can watch live or replay it later.
- Superior low-light, colour reproduction and picture quality announced with Samsungs best ever mobile camera
- Fast charging comes to wireless charging! You heard that right - Empty to full in just 2 hours via wireless charging, faster than many phones that charge via cable. Huge advancement here!

Want it? Of course you do - Register here for updates to get all the info on availability as we know more > 

Message 2 of 67

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Chris_K wrote:

The device specifications below will be updated with official info as and when it's announced by Samsung, starting 4pm tomorrow - 13th August. I'll also post some of the bigger announcements / specs on a new post in this thread so we can discuss it further if you'd like slight_smile

DISPLAY:
CPU:
MEMORY:
CAMERA:
BATTERY:

FEATURES:

You're gonna need three of these templates ....

Message 3 of 67

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just looked at that Twitter link @Chris_K They state it IS the Note 5...

Capture.Note 5.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 67

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just looked at that Twitter link @Chris_K They state it IS the Note 5...

Capture.Note 5.PNG

Not quite - that Twitter account (@My_Galaxy_S6) isn't an official Samsung account, just a fan-made one. It may well be an official Note 5, but there are some rumours out there that it could be something else. Samsung are keeping it close to their chest though, but we'll find out tomorrow! 🙂

@viridis wrote:

You're gonna need three of these templates ....

I'm not so sure myself, but if you're right... That's what copy/paste is great for 😉

Message 5 of 67

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Well, onew template for the note 5, one for the s6 edge+ and one more for the gear a.

Message 6 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus  as both devices were spotted during their FCC accrediation. 

see here

Message 7 of 67

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I was a day off
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Aug-12th-A-date-for-your-diary/m-p/899185/highlight/true#M588...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I was a day off
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-topic/Aug-12th-A-date-for-your-diary/m-p/899185/highlight/true#M588...

You were...but you did announce it. Anyway glad it's not today because this is when some people shoot grouse (for sport) ..,....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 67

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Ooh, Gear VR consumer version too.
Forgot about that one.

Message 10 of 67