cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Huawei Mate 20 Pro is now available!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that the new Huawei Mate 20 Pro is now available on O2 in Black and Twilight colours! slight_smile

This phone has got some awesome features including a triple camera and it can be easily unlocked with your fingerprint or face. You can also get a cinema discount pass when you get this phone on selected tariffs. Read more below!

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Get more from your day

The Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a powerful Dual NPU Chipset, so you'll get a smooth and speedy performance that'll help you get more out of your day. Create a slideshow whilst listening to videos on YouTube, edit photos and videos on the go, or simply kick back and watch a movie without annoying buffering ruining the ending.

Capture pictures like a pro

The Mate 20 Pro's got an Ultra-Wide Angle Leica Triple Camera with 10x zoom, so you can capture all the smaller details. And the built-in Artificial Intelligence will help you fine tune your photos by picking the best settings for your environment, so you'll always get the perfect shot.

Keep your personal stuff personal

Whether you've got documents, photos or personal contacts on your phone, you don't want them getting into the wrong hands. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a fingerprint scanner built into the display, and 3D facial recognition - so you can unlock it with your fingerprint or face. That means that only you can get into your phone and access your stuff.

Take it anywhere

This phone's got an IP68 rating, which means it's resistant to dust and can even survive underwater for 30 minutes, at a depth of up to 1.5 metres. Going away for the night? No need to take your charger. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a battery life that lasts up to two days. So whatever you love to do, the Mate 20 Pro makes the perfect companion.

In addition to the awesome features above:

• You can get a friends and family cinema pass on selected tariffs, to get you up to 40% off cinema tickets for 24 months! Claim yours when you buy any Pay Monthly phone or tablet on a 15GB+ tariff, or any dongle on an 18GB+ tariff.
  • With Custom Plans you can be in control of your phone plan by choosing how much you pay upfront, how much data you need, and how long you want to pay off your phone for. You can flex your data allowance up and down, once a month.
  • You can receive a cash payment upon upgrading when you recycle your old device through O2 Recycle either in store or online.

We'd love to hear what you think of this device and if you're planning to get one? Let us know in the comments. smiling 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks again for the clarification @Chris_K

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 28

SimonB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, is there any update on when O2's wifi calling will be available on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro? The last post I have seen on this is November 2018.

Thanks in advance.

Message 22 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@SimonB wrote:

Hi, is there any update on when O2's wifi calling will be available on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro? The last post I have seen on this is November 2018.

Thanks in advance.

@Chris_K?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 28

GaGr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has there been any new on this for the Mate 20 Pro?
As I have just found out that I the area I am moving to has really terrible signal 😞

Thanks in advance.

Message 24 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 25 of 28

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I'm afraid there's no new news regarding Wifi Calling on the Mate 20 Pro. It's something we continue to work on with Huawei but don't have any timescales we're able to share. Soon as there's any news, i'll let everyone know.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 26 of 28

Paul658
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is some one from O2 going to chase Huawei for an update or just wait until they reply. I have had a 3 sim card in my mate 20p since November and that has Wifi calling and also the EE sim card from my works phone also works in it, so what is O2 playing at? The virtual faraday cage I work in makes it near impossible to get a good signal and now I am stuck in a contract with O2. This is one of your top listed phones, how can you just ignore the situation!

Message 27 of 28

Mick753
  • 13 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A bit of a resurrection on this, I upgraded to the Mate 20 Pro earlier this year, if memory serves it was one of the top Android phones that O2 were offering.

I've been trying to setup wifi calling on the phone and didn't think for one minute that O2 would be selling a phone like this, that in the 21st century couldn't take advantage of everything it was actually capable of.

More importantly i'm even more annoyed that having tried to complain about having been sold a phone that I cannot take advantage of, the live chat operator proceeded to try and give me a lesson about geographic and atmospheric conditions making the 37 antenna sites (in a completely different area to where I am trying to use it from) sometimes a little difficult to connect to.

Is this phone likely to be enabled to allow me to use the phone in an area where O2 have no coverage?

My other half is on the 3 network and has the absolute basic Huawei mobile on offer at the moment and is perfectly able to take advantage of the wifi calling over the SSE broadband connection in the house.

The live chat operator asked me what it would take to make me happy and then closed the chat, at least he/she communicates over the internet, unlike the phone!

Message 28 of 28