cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Huawei Mate 20 Pro is now available!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that the new Huawei Mate 20 Pro is now available on O2 in Black and Twilight colours! slight_smile

This phone has got some awesome features including a triple camera and it can be easily unlocked with your fingerprint or face. You can also get a cinema discount pass when you get this phone on selected tariffs. Read more below!

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

Get more from your day

The Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a powerful Dual NPU Chipset, so you'll get a smooth and speedy performance that'll help you get more out of your day. Create a slideshow whilst listening to videos on YouTube, edit photos and videos on the go, or simply kick back and watch a movie without annoying buffering ruining the ending.

Capture pictures like a pro

The Mate 20 Pro's got an Ultra-Wide Angle Leica Triple Camera with 10x zoom, so you can capture all the smaller details. And the built-in Artificial Intelligence will help you fine tune your photos by picking the best settings for your environment, so you'll always get the perfect shot.

Keep your personal stuff personal

Whether you've got documents, photos or personal contacts on your phone, you don't want them getting into the wrong hands. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a fingerprint scanner built into the display, and 3D facial recognition - so you can unlock it with your fingerprint or face. That means that only you can get into your phone and access your stuff.

Take it anywhere

This phone's got an IP68 rating, which means it's resistant to dust and can even survive underwater for 30 minutes, at a depth of up to 1.5 metres. Going away for the night? No need to take your charger. The Huawei Mate 20 Pro has a battery life that lasts up to two days. So whatever you love to do, the Mate 20 Pro makes the perfect companion.

In addition to the awesome features above:

• You can get a friends and family cinema pass on selected tariffs, to get you up to 40% off cinema tickets for 24 months! Claim yours when you buy any Pay Monthly phone or tablet on a 15GB+ tariff, or any dongle on an 18GB+ tariff.
  • With Custom Plans you can be in control of your phone plan by choosing how much you pay upfront, how much data you need, and how long you want to pay off your phone for. You can flex your data allowance up and down, once a month.
  • You can receive a cash payment upon upgrading when you recycle your old device through O2 Recycle either in store or online.

We'd love to hear what you think of this device and if you're planning to get one? Let us know in the comments. smiling 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like a cross between an iPhone XS & a Sony phone

Message 3 of 28

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not cheap but a stunning device.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 28

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10668 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo

Cool ~ I don't spend much on mobile phones.  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Near enough the same price as the XR.. but so much more for your money! 

Message 6 of 28

mikeyw64
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Marjo

I have mine and yes its a lovely phone but.....

When are O2 going to issue the .122 firmware  please? (Vodafone UK have already started rolling it out)

At the moment I'm on 108 and a number of key features such as the AI Cinematic effects are missing.

Understand that the 108 firmware also contains a fingerprint scanner bug where it may randomly authenticate anyones fingerprint

Message 7 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@mikeyw64 wrote:

Hi @Marjo

When are O2 going to issue the .122 firmware  please? (Vodafone UK have already started rolling it out)

At the moment I'm on 108 and a number of key features such as the AI Cinematic effects are missing.

Understand that the 108 firmware also contains a fingerprint scanner bug where it may randomly authenticate anyones fingerprint

I suspect only @Chris_K can answer this @mikeyw64

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 28

mikeyw64
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I suspect only @Chris_K can answer this @mikeyw64

ta, 

the finger print issue is slightly anecdotal although apparently there are also some audio fixes including BT sound synching reported.

That said what I really want to play with isare the advanced video techniques that feature prominently in the ads  (single colour tracking etc) , those are missing in 108

Message 9 of 28

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@mikeyw64 wrote:

Hi @Marjo

Hi Mikey,

This one is up to Huawei at this point if you've not received it I'm afraid. For the .122 firmware, we received this from Huawei on 26 October and we approved it on our end the very same day, so there was zero delay from us. We'll continue working closely and checking with Huawei, but rest assured we're not causing any delays with these firmwares.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 10 of 28