Did you mean: 

Telefónica UK & Vodafone UK - Joint Venture

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Today, we announced a collaboration between Telefónica UK and Vodafone UK to showcase our intention to strengthen our existing networks and provide our customers a bigger, better, and faster mobile network in future.

Please have a look at our News Centre for full details.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I've read about this, it looks like full steam ahead for the new network! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Or one could read something totally different into it.

Orange announced similar for their mobile operations but dumped their LLU broadband.

But I can understand and appreciate any company concentrating on and developing what they think they're good at.

Message 3 of 12

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Looks good increased footprint of coverage and the 4g promise will be ahead of ofcoms target by 2 years not behind like it was for 3g.

Yes some duplicated sites will have masts removed but still the same capacity as that is dependant on the bandwith (frequency allocation or slots) available and they are keeping that the same.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 12

Junior
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 75 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Abs wrote:

Today, we announced a collaboration between Telefónica UK and Vodafone UK to showcase our intention to strengthen our existing networks and provide our customers a bigger, better, and faster mobile network in future.

Please have a look at our News Centre for full details.

Abs, this looks great!

*However... In the press release it states "The plan will deliver real benefits for today’s mobile phone users by creating two competing networks that will be able to offer indoor 2G and 3G coverage targeting 98% of the UK population by 2015" however further down the page on the O2 facts it states: "O2’s UK 2G mobile network provides voice and data services which are available to 99% of the UK’s population" ... Does this mean that O2 will lose 1% of population coverage on 2G?

*How will capacity and congestion be addressed if sharing masts?

*Will 3G 900 still continue to be rolled out by O2?

Abs, if you don't know the answers could you try and find out for me?

Thanks and best wishes!

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

With a bit of luck I will be able to connect to the Vodafone mast 500 yds away line of sight, rather that the O2 masts 1mile and 1.2 miles respectively. No. I'm not in the sticks, just a big hole in O2 mast placement!

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet STRANGELY both VodaPhone and 02 have just increased their prices????? On FIXED contracts?????

Heres an email i received ...

Because of inflation, we need to change the price of your tariff.

From 28 February 2013 your mobile line rental will increase by £0.49 a month to £15.81 a month. That's a rise of 3.2%, the same as the current rate of inflation.

Excuse me but WHAT LINE? there is NO LINE, this is just another provider robbing their customers as far as im concerned, also how can you increase charges on a FIXED Contract????

ill be cancelling my contract at the earliest opportunity!

Message 7 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well you can pay up the rest of your minimum term (at the new rate from February) and toddle off to a new provider. Saves you money if you do it now.:smileywink:

Message 8 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There are threads already discussing this:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/O2-contract-customers-face-3-2-price-hike-from-...

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Great - another one wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12