TU Go is here!

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hello folks,

As we enter a phase of being more mobile and digital nowadays, we'd like to introduce our new app - TU Go.

TU Go lets O2 pay monthly customers to make and receive calls, send/ receive text messages and voicemails on a range of supported devices like tablets, iPod Touch and PCs rather than being tied to just your mobile phone. The calls and texts you make using the TU Go app will come out of your existing bundle allowances and from your existing O2 mobile number. No need to give out separate user names and contact numbers for each device!

Plus with TU Go  you’ll be able to do all of this in areas with Wi-Fi-only signal too slight_smile

TU Go is free to download and available on lots of device platforms such as Apple products (including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 5 and above), Android devices (smartphones and tablets running Android 2.3.1 - Gingerbread and above) and PCs (running Windows 7 only). You can have the TU Go app running on up to five devices simultaneously and they all will be synced automatically once downloaded.

Interested to know how TU Go app works? Have a look at the video below:

If you’ve any Q’s or would like to share any thoughts, head over to TU Go board.

Thanks, Abs

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Has to be the app of the year! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

really useful app.

plenty of ppl i know abroad can now use their phones back to the uk!

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad to see this app. It has great potential.

What would make it a dominant presence in the market is if o2 release the VOIP settings for the service.

I have a Linskys CISCO PAP2T-NA at my home and have very poor mobile reception, also leaving the WiFi on my mobile on would soon kill the battery. I would love to get my linksys void adapter set up to receive and make calls (as I currently pay another provider to do) but using o2 and my mobile number!

So please... can you please publish the VOIP settings! thanks

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was pleased to hear about this app BUT it still has teething problems me thinks !
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also I don't think that it was advertised very well ! as an 02 customer I would have thought that I would have heard about it first !
Message 6 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Also I don't think that it was advertised very well ! as an 02 customer I would have thought that I would have heard about it first !

This is the place for most news about O2, or you can visit:

http://news.o2.co.uk/

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure it would be wonderful if I could get it to work on any of my devices or your support people had any idea how to troubleshoot!!

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I've missed something. But how is this app any different to me just checking calls & texts madec& received on my iPhone5 listings under "Phone" ? Because I can't make calls on my iPad because it isn't a phone? 

Message 9 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe I've missed something. But how is this app any different to me just checking calls & texts madec& received on my iPhone5 listings under "Phone" ? Because I can't make calls on my iPad because it isn't a phone? 

That's the whole point. When working you can make calls from your ipad.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 19