TU Go is here!

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Hello folks,

As we enter a phase of being more mobile and digital nowadays, we'd like to introduce our new app - TU Go.

TU Go lets O2 pay monthly customers to make and receive calls, send/ receive text messages and voicemails on a range of supported devices like tablets, iPod Touch and PCs rather than being tied to just your mobile phone. The calls and texts you make using the TU Go app will come out of your existing bundle allowances and from your existing O2 mobile number. No need to give out separate user names and contact numbers for each device!

Plus with TU Go  you’ll be able to do all of this in areas with Wi-Fi-only signal too slight_smile

TU Go is free to download and available on lots of device platforms such as Apple products (including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 5 and above), Android devices (smartphones and tablets running Android 2.3.1 - Gingerbread and above) and PCs (running Windows 7 only). You can have the TU Go app running on up to five devices simultaneously and they all will be synced automatically once downloaded.

Interested to know how TU Go app works? Have a look at the video below:

If you’ve any Q’s or would like to share any thoughts, head over to TU Go board.

Thanks, Abs

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried phoning someone not on 02 and nothing happened! The app showed a call was being made I spoke at the iPad and couldn't be heard or hear who I was calling. So what have I done wrong?

Message 11 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I honestly couldn't say what, if anything, you've done wrong. It's not fully working yet (there are threads running in the Tugo section reporting errors etc). Did you register and get your confirmation email OK and verify your account? Have you got a fast enough wifi? It may just be that you need an app update but have a read through the Tugo section first see if you can find out anything useful...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. I got all the verification emails & texts etc. Contacts from iPhone downloaded ok. Wifi - not a problem. How can the app need updating when its bright shiney & new?!

I'll try again later or tomorrow. Thanks. 

Message 13 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How can the app need updating when its bright shiney & new?!

It seems that is exactly why it needs updating wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think it's been updated twice already!

More to come.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Thanks. I'll persevere a bit longer.  Thanks. 

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will a version for Mac OSX become available soon?

Message 17 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

We think it's being worked on now.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Most bits seem to work fine - well done O2!
However I'm getting lots of repeated contacts - but only on the iPad (iPhone 4S ok).
Anyone else had this?
Message 19 of 19