Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 573

Re: TU Go is closing 30th November

Highlighted
Anonymous

I just had a call back from a 'manager' at the O2 call centre concerning my complaint about TuGo closing. She of course is only the messenger, but I was struck by her continuously referring to 'O2' in the third person... as if she is not responsible for this mythical O2 provider that has made the decision on high and despite the empathy training there is nothing she could do... "I will pass on your comments" (what did Jim Royle used to say?)

I had to point out that their WiFi calling doesn't support texts.. she checked and they will provide this service but no timescale or promise...

Another interesting thing she repeated more than once was that TuGo is a service provided by O2 and not a contractual obligation... I wonder how many times that will be repeated over next few weeks.

So there you have it, the O2 monolith couldn't give a monkeys about providing a service to their customers..

Maybe it would make an interesting subject for Radio 4's You and Yours... worth a few paragraphs to find out.

Cheers

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Appears my post containing the below image was removed.... 

Not sure why, **perhaps** it is because it's wrong information and makes O2 look stupid??   I don't see that it's at all offensive.

[image removed. Please read our guidelines and check your Private messages for more information ] 

Highlighted

Highlighted
Anonymous

End of TU

TU ends on 30 Nov. Neither my phone nor tablet are compatible with Wifi and 4g calling so what am I supposed to do ? Upgrade is not the answer.

Highlighted
Anonymous

What's the reasoning behind this decision? 

I and many others rely heavily on this app due to the incredibly poor reception at home. Seems to me like it's just a ploy to encourage customers to upgrade to newer phone models which carry the new version of wifi calling - especially considering that most of the alternative wifi calling services out there are restricted to callers using the same mutual app and are therefore not a valid option. 

The least you can do is keep TU Go in service until there are more viable options available or make your new app more widely accessible.

Better still, show some appreciation to your many loyal customers and reverse your decision. 

Consumers are well aware that there are alternative providers out there and all it takes is a drop in service levels to prompt a re-think.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Really disspapointed regarding ths news as I use TuGo on my Computer as work as I don't get the best Mobile signal where I'm located.

Works really well, I can see who is calling and make calls via my headset (as we use Skype for Calls), doesn't distrurb people in the office with my phone ringing.

It was one of the reasons for staying with O2 - maybe i'll see what other providers offer

Highlighted
Topics: 738

[ Edited ]

Great news (NOT) I have received the dreaded text....Notice the one above it was regarding the closure of World Chat...Smiley Mad

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

@Cleoriff wrote:

Great news (NOT) I have received the dreaded text....Notice the one above it was regarding the closure of World Chat...Smiley Mad

If they preceded the text with 'we are sorry but' and ended with 'this now means the directors and shareholders can receive adequate bonuses at Christmas and celebrate accordingly. Unfortunately we don't care a damn about our customers who can celebrate in their own chosen way' it would be much more meaningful.   

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Really disapointed about the news and the attitude of O2 about it. My family rely on this app. with no proper signal where we live. All three of our phones rely on this. I have already changed my daughters phone to another provider today as she is just out of contract and will be doing the same with our phones in January.

The TUGO app was brilliant, consistent and reliable..... more than I can now say for O2. Listen to your costumers as well as your shareholders please.

Very disapointed and this will taint O2's credibility and level of customer care. Shame.