Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Was wondering if there will be an option to download all the timeline calls and text data from the app. This could prove incredibly handy. I understand 02 might still be working on it but it is a potential idea. If you guys have any similar plans, could you post a reply please. 

-Kact-i

Message 1 of 1,062

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I've asked for this to be moved to the Tu Go feedback thread so hopefully it will be picked up.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

There still doesn't seem to be a backup option available, but I've found you can back up your messages if you get a little technical...

You can use Chrome's inspect element on https://go.tu.com/ and run the javascript code from this gist: https://gist.github.com/cogwirrel/07f67c07ff2ffefecd59

Message 3 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Are you paying for my upgrade and increase in monthly contract charges?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh I see...It's a 'cunning plan' to get customers to upgrade!! Great news Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 1,062

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If I do upgrade it certainly won’t be with o2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 1,062

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@Chris_K this is not exactly a like for like with Tu and VoWiFi is it?
Tu covers you for times that you have no mobile signal, for (supposedly) all Android and Apple products and for both calls and texts.
VoWiFi covers (currently) a very limited number of devices and only for calls. In certain areas. When network demand is not too great.

For me personally this is yet another reason to look elsewhere when my contract is up in Feb. Tu was one of the ways that o2 differentiated themselves from the other networks - look at this very useful app that no-one else has. Without this, o2 are lowering the standard of their service. What else are o2 offering that make them stand out?

Coverage in the UK? Nope. All the networks have good and bad areas and they all cover the areas that make up my home region.

Network speeds? Nope - how many posts/threads are there about the lower than expected 4G speed are people getting?

New contract and monthly cost? Nope - in the vast majority of cases o2 will not or cannot match or better deals elsewhere.

Overseas coverage? Nope. o2 shows the lowest number of locations that you can use your phone abroad (ignoring the principality/sub-state blurred lines).

I am normally quite positive about o2, despite some of the flaws that are known about but something like this is another nail in the coffin of my relationship with o2...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 1,062

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Chris_K So will residential customers in situations of non Wi-Fi calling handsets that are not due an upgrade be offered a boost box . Or are o2 confident that the 4g coverage obligation will be met and 2g 3G ! And 4g calling  extended to the whole network. I see a few customers will not be happy with this decision 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

So you are going to inform customers just for 3 days when the app still has over a month before you close a BENEFICIAL service? This is rather a bad move by o2 & I’m only with o2 because I get good signal in my frequent areas 

Message 10 of 1,062