Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It’s something we always mention to customers who think they can get a better deal elsewhere.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1041 of 1,062

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@SJAR wrote:

In October 2017 O2 said they were going to add new devices to their list of mobiles that will be able to use WiFi calling. This has not happened and I still cannot use WiFi on my iPhone 5s to call outside of Europe or in areas with a poor signal in the UK (and there are plenty of them where we live). This is a huge disappointment and O2 has never given us a clear statement on why TUGO was cancelled and why they have not kept their promise to add new devices to the list.

Hi @SJAR,

Our team are committed to bringing Wifi and 4G calling to more and more devices – both old and new – but this does take time as it’s a very complex process and includes rigorous testing.

In recent months, we’ve added our Wifi and 4G calling functionality to the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, and the Samsung J3 (2017). We are also working on bringing the functionality to several existing devices this year. We don’t have exact dates to share yet but when we’re closer to releasing the updates we’ll let you know.

Regarding the iPhone 5S specifically, the hardware in this device can technically support Wifi calling, but it doesn’t support 4G calling. Our focus is on devices that support both Wifi and 4G Calling. Devices that support both services, allow for a seamless handover of calls when the connection changes from Wifi to 4G and vice versa, but on a device that only supports Wifi calling, this could cause a poor experience – especially if you frequently pass wifi points your phone tries to connect to. So for the iPhone 5S and similar devices (supports wifi calling, but not 4G calling), I’m afraid they won’t be compatible with our solution.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1042 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

So this goes on and on and on!

Demand an answer and ask why they shut TuGo down before the other phones, including yours, were event attempted to be upgraded.

One has to believe that O2 are being overly economic with the truth.

The facts as I and most see it is it is a ploy to encourage expensive new phone upgrades in order to boost O2s already burgeoning profits.

Move to 3. I did. I wasn't prepared to listen to anymore BS.

Message 1043 of 1,062

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Chris_K That is plainly ridiculous. Your team is solving a different problem. TuGo covered people IN ONE PLACE WITH NO MOBILE SIGNAL. WiFi calling ability alone would half solve that issue. It also needs to have WiFi texting. 

4G calling is an altogether different issue that enhances the existing mobile network ability. The people who had TuGo taken out from under them do not need any ability to switch seamlessly or otherwise between WiFi and 4G calling.  They used to ONLY be able to use WiFi as there was no mobile signal of any sort. 

Claiming you are wonderful because you've added these features to the latest flagship models from Samsung and Apple is pathetic. 

If this is seriously the attitude of O2, then it has destroyed my loyalty to the brand. 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 1044 of 1,062

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Fellwalkerwrote:

If this is seriously the attitude of O2, then it has destroyed my loyalty to the brand. 

My only surprise is that it's taken you this long to realise this !

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 1045 of 1,062

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 so why are you still here if you're that negative? 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 1046 of 1,062

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'm here with an open mind mate.
It suits me to have a contract with O2 but I'm fully aware of what they think of their customers and if it became more suitable for me to be elsewhere, I'd move without hesitation.

Currently using:
Message 1047 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Well my loyalty went with Tu and World Chat and as soon as my contract is up I'll be taking my custom elsewhere. That's not to say I won't be sticking around the Community though as I have friends on here, some for a long time and others only a relatively short time and I like a good grumble every now and then!

Message 1048 of 1,062

tb1uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Boostbox guide

If your home or office doesn’t have O2 coverage, you can get a Boostbox. It works as a signal booster and connects to your broadband to give you a 3G signal. You’ll need a 3G or 4G phone to use a Boostbox.

Only O2 phone numbers can use the Boostbox. Each Boostbox can have up to 32 different numbers registered to it. You can make up to four calls at the same time. Calls, texts and data are charged as normal or taken from your tariff allowance.

this was copied from the help page for o2 boostbox

Message 1049 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The problem is that not too many customers qualify unless complaints agree to let you have one, and many have been refused, but even then they want to switch you to a business account.

Message 1050 of 1,062