Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've had those same texts! 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 881 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great shame, ive had excellent service from tu go as there is no o2 service in my area of lincolnshire. Really dont want to upgrade my phones for various reasons, so it looks like its off to ee as they have supplied a wireless mobile signal booster for my home. I develop mobile apps for the emergency services and events market so need open phones of various ages to test on. My phone has 4g wifi calling which i use with my secondary sim, but from what i read, i need o2 versions of android os to use 4g calling.

R

Message 882 of 1,062

Poppet
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was told when I took out my contract in September that I would be able to use the Tugo app as the O2 signal is pretty non existent in my village.  With the removal of Tugo I am stuck in a 2 year contract with O2, I have wifi calling enabled but that doesnt help to send and receive text messages.

I have spent the last hour on the phone to O2 Customer Services who advised me to download and install Messenger or WhatsApp!!rage  Neither my Grandmother, the bank or HMRC use WhatsApp so not exactly helpful!  I do a lot of my work from home and therefore, the ability to text is extremely important to me. I am now paying O2 for a service they are unable to provide.....

I enquired about a boost box and was given a flat no.  O2 will not even consider sending out a Boost box to me even though that could potentially fix my problem.  The lady I spoke to said that a boost box would not improve the signal to send and receive text messages.  Could anyone confirm this for me as I thought that a boost box would 'boost' a mobile signal?  On O2s own page it says "Calls, texts and mobile internet work just like on the normal mobile network, and use the minutes, texts and data allowances of your current tariff."

I asked why I couldnt be offered a boost box and wasnt given a reason.  Just told the answer was no.

I asked Customer Service what other options I had and she said the only other option was to leave o2 and move to another provider - not a great way to keep customers loyal??

Can anyone offer any advice please? 

Message 883 of 1,062

Poppet
  • 14 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I was told that a new and better app to replace TuGo was being developed and would be available soon. I was told this on Live Chat on 28 November. Today, I was told on the phone that was wrong and they dont know why I was told that as no app is being developed to replace tugo.
Message 884 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
We know of a few people on here that have been given a boost box.
I suggest you call again and ask someone else.
Calls and texts can be sent as normal providing you have a decent broadband connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 885 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really disappointed to find TUGO no longer works. Even more disaapointed and cross that O2 do not have a replacement that allows SMS text messages to be sent over wifi.

How are we meant to communicate with banks, email security checks, HMRC and all the other essential organisations that confirm identity via SMS when we only have wifi connectivity??

I will be leaving O2 asap

Message 886 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

So.. 

Live chat told you about this wondrous new app, you breathed a sigh of relief and left the chat pretty soon after and a quite happy bunny. 

Maybe even filled in the short survey praising the very skilful, knowledgeable and polite adviser, who despite the sometimes alien use of our language solved your issue 10/10

Live chat job done. Great feedback for him and a big pat on the back.... who knows maybe even employee of the month with a nice Christmas bonus thrown in.

Great job live chat! What an asset to O2.

Meanwhile in the real world, you @Poppet tell your friends and family about this replacement app rising like a Phoenix from the flames and ashes of the O2 funeral Pyre.

Call the fire brigade..... before it spreads even further... 

Message 887 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Poppet  Phone again...or make  complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

There is a lack of consistency with CS advisors re boost boxes

1) Some members have been offered them free

2) One was offered a box at £90

3) Others have asked to pay the full price of £180.

If you were sold a phone with the promise of TuGO you have, in effect. been mis-sold a product, whatever O2 say to the contrary.

Others who complain have been given the option to leave without penalty re their contract.

All that shows if you make enough noise and are persistent with complaints then you should be offered something. O2 are shooting themselves in the foot again if they don't offer the same option for everyone.

Just don't give up... Persevere...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 888 of 1,062

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12040 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
Given the wide range of alternatives presented to people, mostly dependent on the customer services representative you get through to, I would suggest some feedback would be of use @MercedesS @Martin-O2 @Marjo.
The main points would be thus:
1) Tu needs to be removed from the o2 website, and a very strong message sent to anyone that sells on behalf of o2 that Tu is no more.
2) All Cust Service need to have the SAME message to give out - Tu has finished, there is no alternative app being developed, get WiFi calling (but not text) if you have a suitable phone.
3) If you do not have a suitable phone, either allow the person to leave (with no penalty ideally) or offer a Free of Charge boost box.
This solves three problems - misinformation about a "newer, better app" that we all know is not coming, consistent information and most importantly a happy customer!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 889 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please explain what a "Boost Box" actually does.

You see I'm envisaging something that boosts the poor network signal coming from a mast somewhere the otherside of a mountain from me or at least obscured by something that the signal cannot get around or through, leaving me with absolutely no signal whatsoever.

So given that the boost is actually a multiplication of sorts and that anything multiplied by zero is actually zero and cannot be anything else, then will a boost box work?

Message 890 of 1,062