Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

VickiHen
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm on the phone to o2 now. The handler doesn't think there will be a new ap anytime soon.
He has suggested turning my connection to 2g only while in the house. You need to turn your phone off then on again after but this may be worth a try.
Message 801 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It will work if you have a 2g signal but your phone should automatically drop to 2g if it is stronger than your 3g or 4g
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 802 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

The legendary new app rises again @Chris_K can you confirm this 

Message 803 of 1,062

VickiHen
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
MI5 - it won't drop to 2g as it doesnt work out that you have the Wi-Fi. Just confirmed by the o2 guy I'm on the phone to as I asked the same.
Message 804 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Ok
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 805 of 1,062

MeAndMyStoat
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The legendary new app rises again @Chris_K can you confirm this 

All I can relate is what I was told by O2. I have no knowledge whether it is 'legendary', 'an urban myth' or anything else, because I treat a mobile phone merely as a necessary tool of communication, not as a lifestyle, and only ever have any interaction whatsoever with my mobile provider when they screw something up. Like not telling me that TuGo was being killed.

Let's just say that this forum isn't somewhere I would come for fun - hence 4 posts in 15 years with O2 - so your thinly-veiled sarcasm is wasted on me.

Message 806 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@mavericke wrote:

@MeAndMyStoat

A new app which will be even better than TU Go? That is marvellous! I will be waiting for it though.

I'm sure you wont be holding your breath @mavericke slight_frown

We know from the thousands of posts on here, twitter and FB...there is no new app that will be coming anytime soon. If so, where is this announcement from O2?

Even CS advisors are giving out conflicting information. Simply because they don't know whats happening. O2 are losing customers to other networks every day...all due to the demise of Tu. If there anything to replace it, O2 would have moved more quickly than they are doing.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 807 of 1,062

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It wasn’t sarcasm, thinly-veiled or otherwise.
Customer service have lied to you. We all know that. You weren’t to know so it’s only fair that you have all the correct info to make an informed decision.

Currently using:
Message 808 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mentions of a new pp is purely to appease the quite rightly irate customers and of which I'm one. 

Any new app would be in beta stage and would be being tested by O2 staff members, the developers and a selective group of customers just like TuGo was.

I was lucky to be selected for that trial just as I am trialling the new international calling beta service. 

As a member of the O2 Trail Blazers I am privy to all sorts of information regarding new ideas and possibilities for new apps. There has been absolutely no mention of a new app or paid for service to replace what is/was now TU. Yet. 

So don't pin your hopes on any unconfirmed replacement service. 

At best, maybe a boost box or app as a paid for bolt on at a minimum cost of around £10/month.

Message 809 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive also looked at the 3 option as Im in a similar situation. However it also only works with the 3 sim inserted . I dont like this option as it alway leads to additional roaming and call charges.  I live in a bad reception area and I also used TU to receive missed calls notifications overseas via SMS .Then could call back cheaper on my local sim for anything urgent. My options are now pay for a 30 day pass with 02 £99/30 days or very expensive roaming... Or buy a new handset with dual sim . My phones not compatable at present with O2  internet calls Current 3 month old HTC so dont want to upgrade.. I wonder if 02 new software requires sim to also be inserted? I only realised the service ended this morning when Icouldnt receive calls at home! Quick review of my messages does show a SMS notification on 16 Oct. It was ignored as Im constantly bombarded by O2 by allsorts of messages ultimatley leading to me being pestered for a better word to renew my contract.... Which by the look of things right now isnt happening as this is my business mobile and cant afford not to be able to receive calls.

Message 810 of 1,062