Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

samtheaspie
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can confirm this, I got my new S8 from CPW today and wifi calling and 4G Calling fully working 

Message 631 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening to all my very learned Forum contributors! I have been reading with great interest all your posts this last couple weeks and am very envious of all your knowledge. However I come to the demise of TuGo from a completely different angle. If I tell you that I use a Doro LIberto 820 you will guess that I am a Golden Oldie. I use TuGo for sending NUMEROUS text messages from my laptop & notepad - so much easier than a smartphone keyboard when you suffer from arthritis! I have been a loyal o2 customer for many years because of TuGo and paying through the nose for the service. But the forum has given me the courage to seek an alternative mobile provider at less than half the price of o2 and am going to try Mighty Text. I tried calling 4445 to get my Pac Code as suggested by a Forum post but gave up after being on the phone for 17 minutes at 13p per minute so used Live Chat. Albeit on this line for 45 minutes (whilst I was watching the TV) - the operator tried so hard to get me to stay offering all sorts deals except the one I was going to lose -TuGo. Eventually I got my Pac Code. Thank you everybody your knowledgeable posts so much appreciated. This Golden Oldie signing off from o2.

Message 632 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122912 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Well done @Anonymous Best of luck with your new provider and the use of Mighty Text. Hope it helps you heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 633 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I use Mightytext and with I can text from the laptop (but it's unavailable right now) and from my tablet. You do however need network signal on the phone so can get texts and notifications. 

In fact when connected you don't need to open  your phone. You can set Mightytext to receive all your notifications and you have the option to choose just which ones you want.

I highly recommend it. 

Message 634 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frogger wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I used TuGo in an area with no coverage indoors, it wasn't perfect but worked enough

I made the mistake of trying wifi calling without knowing that sms is not supported and besides having no sms I also ended up with no calls. No amount of resetting would make it come up with wifi calling in the

top left (iphone).

Later when I was back in coverage I called O2 and they said wifi calling isn't supported yet in that area (of Scotland). That seems unlikely, how does the phone with no signal know it's in an unsupported area.

It also misses that the whole point is to allow use in areas with no coverage, my speculation is there may be some fudging going on to stop people using it where they don't want you to and the wifi I was on may lack a geographic entry in the database to say i's in the UK. Very frustrating to have all services removed because O2 muppeted the transition from TuGo.

Anyone else seen this?

Since the announcement of TuGo closing I swapped to WiFi calling and find it works well on home WiFi and public WiFi. I need some form of coverage as due to a long term fault at a local cell site where O2 can’t access the site due to a legal issue with the property landlord they have no access to fix it, I have no indoor coverage either. WiFi calling is part of a feature called 4g and WiFi calling, the call centre probably meant that the 4g component is not available yet in your area as is also the case where I live. However the WiFi calling works well on my iPhone 6s. Some things to check; is you phone compatible? (not many are) , have you enabled WiFi calling on your phone AND on the o2 my O2 section. It may take a few hours to set up and you should get a confirmation message. You can get instructions by sending an email to here wifiand4gcalling@o2.com . Good guide here also.. https://community.o2.co.uk/o2uk/board/message?board.id=7&message.id=155479#M155479

if you have android phone it must have come from O2. I also eagerly await txt via WiFi. 

I have tested 4g calling when I had A meeting in London, and it worked flawlessly even in a basement bar room. 

wifi calling works on my iphone6 elsewhere, the area does have (weak) 4G coverage outside. It just will not enable wifi calling on wifi at that location.

Message 635 of 1,062

Luke198823
Level 3: Thinker
  • 69 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Why is the tugo app closing down I thought people use it a lot?
Message 636 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much Whizz kid and Esteemed. Appreciate your kind support!

Message 637 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122912 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you very much Whizz kid and Esteemed. Appreciate your kind support!

No problem at all @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 638 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Happy to help @Anonymous

Being advanced in years myself with diminishing eyesight, I find texting from PC or tablet so much easier. 😀

Message 639 of 1,062

FFRob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 new christmas present cancelling TU Go early. Is this to cash in on xmas sales? Telefónica other company Moviestar is cancelling their TU Go service on the 31st December 2017 for Argentina, Peru, Colombia and Mexico. Vivo another Telefónica company is still using TU go in Brazil.

Been customer for over 5 years always used TU Go as your signal in South East is rubbish.

I would like to thank you for:-

The non existent coverage in my village or East Sussex as a whole.

The failure, even thou you have planning permission to put a mast on Wadhurst fire station drill tower.

The 02 wifi that is no existent or never works for me.

Poor customer service e.g. waiting for Live chat or telephone calls to be answered. (e.g. like the 22mins I waited for live chat rep today until I gave up)

People will remember your terrible customer service, your profit only approach etc, and when it comes to renewal, I like many others will be gone roll mid 2018.

Message 640 of 1,062