Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Frogger
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Another issue with O2 wifi calling is that it seems to switch on permanently when there's a wifi signal even if there's a decent cellular signal available. This means that no SMS come through when they could otherwise. It's pathetic.

EE wifi calling also comes on all the time when there's wifi but that's not an issue as it's supports SMS.

Three wifi calling only seems to switch on when there's a poor cellular signal.

I have been using WiFi calling now for 3 days. I am in an area of poor O2 service, with WiFi calling running I can send and receive SMS text messages as well as iMessages. But if I am completely without O2 service only iMessages work via WiFi. The SMS messages come through when I get a sniff of O2 service even when running WiFi calling. So sms messages do come through with WiFi calling running provide some signal is available from o2. Agree it would be better if sms could be done on WiFi as well, but o2 have this planned for later !

Message 531 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I am with O2 now is because I bought my Galaxy S7 from Carphone Warehouse, originally for EE, but found when I tried to set it up that 'sorry wifi calling is only available on EE phones'. I took it back and was told that O2 had TU Go so I ditched EE and moved to O2. Guess what: O2 have now pulled the same dirty trick EE had (you can get wifi calling but only if you buy everything from us) is this or is this not a restrictive trade practice? (is it even legal - Oh we're going into Brexit so I guess they can dodge thet bullet) I am now fced with changing a phone I am completely happy with to get back a facility I specifcally wanted when I got the phone in the first place. NOT IMPRESSED.

Message 532 of 1,062

Frogger
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Good point @Anonymous makes about restrictive practice. Preventing WiFi calling from working on Android phone not brought from them is unfair at least. I remember when HP got into trouble by preventing people from using non-HP inks in their printers. They apologised and revised the firmware. This is similar in concept. They need to be challenged by an Android user who is disadvantaged.

Message 533 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

Great - now can you tell us how to follow that recommendation?  How can we back-up the messages????

Message 534 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Forward them to yourself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 535 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is simply unacceptable commercial behaviour to remove the Tu Go service at such short notice without a suitable replacement for most users. This outrageous decision should be reviewed. O2 will lose customers over this.

Message 536 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Fixing the thread title.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 537 of 1,062

prototype89
Level 3: Thinker
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 customer services kindly offered to let me end my contract early despite me not having purchased my phone from them - the caveat?

The contract is about 2 months old and I paid several hundred pounds upfront for the contract - which I will not get back, how utterly absurd. 

Just putting salt in wound at this point.

Message 538 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you had bought it from O2 they would be asking for the phone back.... 

Message 539 of 1,062

prototype89
  • 66 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If it had been purchased through O2 it would have been on a Refresh contract which would have meant my handset cost would have been spread over the course of 24 months.

As I paid for my handset from a third party upfront, the store said (and I checked this with them) my only obligation to O2 is for the airtime and not for the phone - so it was cheeky of them to ask for it back.

I went one step further and called up Ofcom to ask them for advice and they said that O2 are acting as the network provider in this instance, the phone wasn't purchased from them and they had no right to ask for it. Had I purchased the phone from them under Refresh terms then yes they would be right to ask for the handset back, but absolutely not in this instance as it has been paid for already!
Message 540 of 1,062