Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Fellwalker
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Astoundingly , there is a dedicated website that is STILL recommending TU to anyone who is with the Telefonica group!

Surely that is ammunition for the complainers? 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 491 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations O2 for flying in the face of great customer service. Removing TUGO and leaving me with no way to send or recive texts with your new inadequate WIFICall service. A fabulous move involving reduced service for increased cost. I think this makes so much sense for you! Customers who are in a non cell reception area now having the inability to send or recieve texts. What a great move!!! You are wonderful - thanks so much. In fact I'm so delighted with this I'll say it again - thanks you so much for withdrawing the ability to send and receive texts - good move!!!

Message 492 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous You are not alone with your comments. We are all shocked and many will be changing networks to go with 3 or EE who do offer a wifi calling and text service. If you wish to complain then follow the advice in this link https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 493 of 1,062

Frogger
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

O2 are still promoting it on their connected homepage !!

https://www.o2.co.uk/more-for-you/more-connected

F1379BD9-64DB-434C-9487-E9ED884756AD.jpeg

Message 494 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Frogger
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I decided to bite the bullet and enable Wi-Fi calling on my iPhone 6s. O2 sent me an email on how to do it. I disabled TuGo deleted the account and switched on Wi-fi calling in the phone settings. What O2 didn’t make clear is that you have to visit the my device setting of the website and submit a request to enable it on my account. I am now in the ‘no mans land’ of TuGo gone and my Wi-fi calling saying ‘request pending’. Good job I am in wilds of Norfolk with good phone coverage 🤔
Message 496 of 1,062

Frogger
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
To be fair. Wi-fi calling was enabled within 30 minutes. ( but I had no notification) now I have no text or voicemail notification when not on o2 network. Otherwise it works and call quality is good.
Message 497 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

To those of you considering switching to Three and using their version of TuGo called Three in Touch be aware of a couple of things.  The first won't affect most people, but we found it no good for us as we're on radio broadband.  With this we lose connection for a split second (birds in line of sight?).  With TuGo we got connected automatically.  With Three in Touch we had to walk up to a quarter of a mile to do so.

More importantly to most of you, a Three sales advisor thought that Three in Touch would also be discontinued shortly. 

So if you do sign a contract with Three I suggest you make it conditional on Three in Touch continuing to be available throughout the term.  This may not be neccessary as I suspect that the Ombudsman would rule that Three in Touch or TuGo being dropped would be a material change and therefore the contract could be terminated without penalty.  but better safe than sorry.

When I complained to o2 about TuGo disappearing I was glibly told that there was no problem as I could switch to WiFi calling.  However only a few modern high end phones are supported and I've no intention of buying a new phone.  I also gather that for this to work the phone has to be purchased from o2.

Luckily, we buy our phones outright as it's less expensive, plus we have 30 day SIM only contracts.  It was precisely because we wanted the option of switching quickly that we took these out.  I'm glad we did now despite them costing a little more.

o2 are obviously expecting to make more money from supplying new phones (whether they're on contract or not) than they'll lose from customers leaving. 

However their unique selling point was TuGo.  Why use o2 now when you can go to Tesco or GiffGaff who use the o2 network at a much better price?  I suspect this will backfire on o2 big time.

We live where there's no mobile signal.  The best alternative for us appears to be Vodafone using their Sure Signal booster which costs £69.  The o2 equivalent I was offered costs £150!  What's more it's available only on business contracts (that we qualify for and could switch to).  Additionally o2's business contract costs more than Vodafone's.

So, unless o2 relents it's goodbye to them and hello Vodafone for us. 

Unless anyone can suggest anything else?

Message 498 of 1,062

Frogger
  • 45 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Of course there is another incentive for o2 to push customers onto WiFi calling. When in WiFi coverage all calls are made and received via WiFi hence the traffic load is passed to the WiFi provider hence reducing the traffic load on their cell sites.
Message 499 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Understand O2 are removing the TU GO App at the end of November and replacing this with WiFi Calling. This is fine if you want to make calls but TU GO is great for sending text messages to non-Apple devices (devices that don't support iMessage). How will I be able to send text messages with my poor/non exsistant signal at home?

Message 500 of 1,062