Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been using three for a while and no complaints. The wifi calling (calls and SMS!) works great on my ageing 5S and is a more seamless experience than TU. I went for three because of the inclusive roaming in so many countries. So all I'm missing is if I'm in a country that's not included and then I'll use Rebtel to make calls. I was with O2 for years overpaying more than double what I'm paying now. Jump ship, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Message 381 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are correct, it is 3 that I signed up with this pm. Half the price and triple the data. O2 may have done me a favour

I also use a 5s because of the spare battery and MicroSD card facility. No wish to buy a new phone bloated with O2 stuff.

http://www.three.co.uk/discover/three_intouch

Message 382 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
TUGo being wrapped up has huge implications for me. I use a single phone for both personal (main SIM) and work (TuGo) calls. O2 response? Get another phone.

Who else uses TuGo as a second virtual number - and what do they plan to do?
Message 383 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

There are a few others who use Tu to avoid carrying two phones. I think they are looking at changing provider to one which offers a similar app. Three In Touch does a similar job to TuGo so I believe

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 384 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, the bottom dropped out of my world when the end of TuGo was announced, I use it all the time.

When I've sent a text via TuGo this hasn't showing up on my iPhone and now I'm supposed to save everything before TuGo goes for good-how?

How do I make sure all the text threads to are going to end up in the correct contact and in the correct timeline?

Thanks for nothing O2

Message 385 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Basically you can’t.
I’ve forwarded critical texts threads to myself so I can back up that way but if you have hundreds of texts it will take forever.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 386 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I’m in the same situation as you and looking into options currently.
Three in touch app is looking the most likely although it doesn’t work over mobile data so you only have dual sim capability if on WiFi.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 387 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
I pay my UK subscription so as to retain my number, have a seamless transition when I return home to the UK frequently and importantly, have a direct link back home via whichever network I am currently using in the local country. (I travel a lot). By eliminating this service you will cut my link to family, friends, online banking and numerous other critical elements of my wandering digital communication needs. Why on earth would you do this to long term loyal customers? I relied on TuGo when my sister was undergoing emergency chemotherapy last year - it’s that important to me.

I have sung the praises of O2 to many colleagues and friends who have all looked at this as a fantastic resource, but now you have decided to end it, I will have to shop for a similar product elsewhere.

I hope this decision is reversible and not just, as I am reading, a corporate decision to force users into upgrading to profit laden new handsets for the O2 corporation.

I am truly disappointed to read of this elimination and have only just renewed my 12 month subscription. If this decision continues, you’ll not only lose me forever as a customer I will also be seeking an early end to my contract.

Please don’t underestimate just how much this will affect me, and many just like me.

Stop it now (aimed at your boss, not the forum admin).

From the other side of the world... For now.
Message 388 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous I agree and support your anger. You may be well advised to make a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain Some people have been allowed to leave their contract without penalty

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 389 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Scooby

your comments are unfair and ill informed. There are many rural areas of the U.K. Where there are no/poor mobile signals. O2 is actually one of the best for coverage outdoors in such areas. Indeed if I go outside my house and walk about 50 m up a steep slope I can get a signal (which I couldn't with other providers). Occasionally I can even get a signal at the bottom of my garden! BUT I can't get a signal anywhere indoors - so any boost options wouldn't work. I also have a decent phone. 

I did did research options re providers carefully before committing to O2. And that's why I went with them - a signal in the countryside surrounding me and TU Go for the house - perfect! I rely on texting for hospital/GP appointments, deliveries etc as well as for social purposes. 

Perhaps, as you seem informed, you could advise me what I should do (apart from move house) when TU Go is discontinued?

Message 390 of 1,062