Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I only chose O2 since it alone provided an outside 2G signal in rural wales ( 20 miles from Cardiff !). Inside I relied on TuGo to be in touch, although I found the  SMS of TuGo somewhat flaky i.e text authorisations sent to the phone never arrived, although other messages did.

Then O2 'improved' my service by switching the local mast from 2G to 4G. Result is total loss of 2G signal, and a 4G signal which stops short by about 400yards, yet I am only 4km from the mast wih an alleged range of 7km.

Complaining to O2 has had NO response. Now they are discontinuing TUGo, I regard them as in breach of contract. Class action anyone?

John - exactly the same scenario here in north Wales, 12 months ago when the local 2G upgraded to 4G. We were unable to receive the newly installed 4G, and lost the intermittent, but grudgingly tolerable 2G completely. I informed O2 that our 2G signal had now disappeared completely since the local 4G had been installed but had no response from them, other than doubt and a poorly disguised disbelief in my assertions.  

Message 301 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have asked "Which" to investigate, any others who are Which Members  should do it too

The best way of dealing with this nonsense is publicity.

The slightest bit of bad publicity and the proposed IPO will bleed value.

It will already be bleeding, the move to close TuGo when the O2 network is so patchy & poor is just crass.

Telefonica are not goimg to be pleased.

Message 302 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a BT landline there is also the BT smart talk app that allows calls over wifi and cellular data which might help.
Message 303 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
I should have added that the BT smarttalk app also works abroad
Message 304 of 1,062

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

iPhone 6 is already on the list @Anonymous. As long as it was bought directly from O2 and has O2 firmware.

Wifi4G.PNG

If you bought it anywhere else but O2 it won't be compatible

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Any iphone bought anywhere will work if on the list only android have to have the custom o2 firmware as apple do not allow customisation .

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 305 of 1,062

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Hang on, you signed up for a contract where you knew you had poor signal, and relied on TU to make use of your contract, then in my view you have no comeback...

As TU doesn’t form part of your contract, as it is an added service, then you will either have to see out the end of your contract or pay it off..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 306 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
That’s unfair esp when o2 sales promote Tugo as a way of receiving their service in areas of poor coverage.
Remember, some areas get no mobile signal at all on any network so Tugo gave o2 the advantage there too and people bought contracts based on that alone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 307 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was replying to Claire Tee who posted this (earlier in this very disjointed thread)

"I have an iPhone 6, a few months back I tried to switch from Tu go to wifi calling, my software was completely up to date and it didn't work, I spoke to support and was told my phone wasn't compatible and I had to switch back to tu go. The iPhone 6 is now on the list of compatible phones is this true ? I don't want to test it and lose my tu go completely as I'm not ready to upgrade for at least another month.

I apologise if this question has already been asked but as previous poster pointed out it's not easy to trawl through the 23 pages of comments but any advice would be much appreciated - thanks in advance"

If all iPhones on the list are compatible then even better...

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/TU-Go-is-closing-30th-November/m-p/1080425/highlight/true...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 308 of 1,062

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 previously said the 6 wasn’t compatible but I had it working on my wife’s phone.
When challenged, O2 said that it may work on a 6 but they couldn’t support it as it wasn’t approved by them.
Bottom line is, it works but not officially.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 309 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sad Day! For me and 02 as now I might as well seek another cheaper provider. I've stayed loyal all this time  because of TuGo. For me, typing from my laptop keyboard is also much easier for me. Bad decision I fancy 02 as seems a lot of your present clients will be moving!

Message 310 of 1,062