Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35750 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

@Cleoriff@jonsie  Cue the cryptomnesia, aka déjà vu...

Message 261 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
If TU go is discontinued I shall probably move to 3 as they offer a similar service called 3 in touch. I cannot get a decent signal on O2 at home and therefore use TUgo most of the time for calls and SMS. TU go is such a good service that it amazes me that it is going to stop.
Message 262 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Anyone counted the number of posts about TU? I can't keep track! 

I can't remember a similar topic with this number of complaints since the network went down a few years back. Oh and a couple of years since when people couldn't get their hands on ibone 6.

This community is usually so quiet from Friday night to Monday morning and look at it now.... 

Message 264 of 1,062

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I can't remember a similar topic with this number of complaints since the network went down a few years back. Oh and a couple of years since when people couldn't get their hands on ibone 6.

This community is usually so quiet from Friday night to Monday morning and look at it now.... 

And will this phenomenon be fed back to O2 by Community Admin I wonder ? Feedback

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 265 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93158 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

And will this phenomenon be fed back to O2 by Community Admin I wonder ? Feedback

And more importantly would it make the slightest difference.... 

Message 266 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to add my comment to the ones I have read about the removal of TUGO.

I renewed my contract with 02 in May for 2 years purely because of TUGO. 

I have no mobile coverage inside here and very limited outside coverage. This is the same with all providers. I do not live in a cave. TUGO means I can make and receive calls and texts. Without it I do not have this at home. 

My handset is compatible for 4G and WIFI calling however you have to have 4G to access WIFI calling. As stated I hardly have 2G !!!

O2 say this is the alternative. It isn't. 

I really hope O2 reconsider. 

This really is a lifeline for me. 

Message 267 of 1,062

Kiwiaccent
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Waste of time seeing that o2 are about to close the app down.

Thanks o2 after 16 years with you, you have now given me the push I needed to change to EE !!!

At least living and working I a remote area I can be guaranteed of service at ALL times unlike yours which is total crap.

Message 268 of 1,062

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Correction no need for 4g for wifi calling they are independant 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 269 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 guru told me this morning when I phoned that the reason I couldn't enable wifi calling in settings was because I didn't have 4G. 

Message 270 of 1,062