Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have stayed with O2 for a long time because they offered TUGO which I use abroad with an overseas sim which allows me to use my O2 phone allowance when abroad using cellular data from the overseas sim. I cannot do that with wifi calling as it does not work abroad and only works with a wifi signal. So a massively loss of functionality.
I paid over the odds for O2 for years and never wanted £1 meal deals or other free garbage.
There are so many cheap sim only deals out there, got my wife 8gb from three for £8pcm and can use phone and data in many countries outside of Europe. Check out Moneysavingexpert website.
So, rant over, and goodbye 02.
Message 231 of 1,062

scooby71
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Because the updated Tu Go app has only been running for about 6 odd months and O2 only made a new push for people to sign up for it about that time.

If you want to be a smart **** then have the intelligence to back it up please.

Message 232 of 1,062

scooby71
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
See my re[ply to fell about walking.

Same response to you.

maybe you should all buy decent handsets or better still actually check you have coverage in the caves you live in before signing up with a network.

Everyone seems to forget it is YOUR responsibility to check coverage where you live not O2's.

Sick and tired of listening to people bleat on about problems caused by their own inability to manage their affairs.
Message 233 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just phoned 202 (Using TuGo as I have to in my property).

I asked first about getting a "Boost Box". I was told these are only available to Business Customers.

I pointed out that I am in mid contract and my phone will become useless on 1st Dec.

I was told that they are "getting a lot of calls about this, they are aware a lot of people are badly affected and that there "will be a  replacement  service for non compatible phones, announcement  around the middle of November.

My reading of this is that a re-think MAY be going on.

It is important we keep the pressure up. I am guessing that the brand damage removal of TuGo will do, has only just been appreciated. The management chaos in O2 not helping.

It is a self inflicted own goal, it cannot be very expensive to keep running.

Message 234 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous I hope they do call back but unlikely too

Message 235 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

I'm sure they may be available to all soon but I would think at £10-15 a month. 

Message 236 of 1,062

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35905 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1585 Solutions

Looking for alternatives seems like the best way to go, @Anonymous, better than registering sentiment on the idiocy here - which might not be quite as good, but can lead to a sense of catharsis.

Thanks for the research, @Anonymous.thumbsup

Message 237 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122890 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I doubt O2 will change their policy on Boostboxes, unless as @jonsie says, they come at a price. Another revenue 'boost' for O2!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 238 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

Merging these threads is leading to them being very difficult to follow and at times totally nonsensical. Can the mods please put them in some kind of order please? 

Message 239 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

My guess would be a ludicrous one off extortionate sum of money

Message 240 of 1,062