Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree an tu only works if you have Wi-Fi and no phone signal I was surprised you can't txt on it
Message 131 of 1,062

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@ewanrw wrote:

However, O2 did guarantee 98% indoor 4G coverage by a certain time as part of their cheap spectrum purchase a couple of years ago, so might be something a legal eagle can do with that. Pretty sure deadline is end of 2017. I could be wrong tho’.

"It’s the only operator with a regulatory requirement to reach 98 percent indoor population coverage by the end of 2017"

So if O2 fail in this respect presumably OFCOM will be forced to "regulate" them........please discuss.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 132 of 1,062

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Exactly.

The O2 network is the only one that gives coverage at home. TuGo is used when on holiday - for example Norfolk last  year, parts of London, USA a couple of years ago...

Living in the north east, the rest of O2 's offerings of the academy and priority rarely give me anything useful (an ice cream a month ago).

I've never found O2 wifi to work properly. It is even utterly useless in their own shop in town,where neighbouring businesses free wifi is better! It has not been unusual to use BTWIFI to get the Internet so I can use TuGo! 

Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 133 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 has announced that TuGo will cease to function 30/11/17. It has introduced WiFi Calling. But WFC does not support texting. TuGo is useful in precisely those places where there is not enough phone signal to send texts.

Either maintain TuGo or make WiFi Calling usable for texts.
Message 134 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the TU web service also terminating - i.e. using TU in a browser on a Windows PC?

Message 135 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the TU web service also terminating - i.e. using TU in a browser on a Windows PC?

If they are closing Tu then it wont be available on any device @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 136 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no signal at work, literally none, without TuGo my texts all come in as a drive home.  At home my signal comes and goes.

TuGo meant I could continue to received texts and calls in these places.

Now you're taking away the one thing that made me choose O2 over GiffGaff on my last renewal.  Well my contract ends March 2018 so luckily I won't have to wait too long to leave O2 and pick someone who offers a booster, we already have a Vodafone Booster at work.

I don't want to go this route as I prefer O2 but I also like to get my text messages quickly and wherever I am.

Message 137 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding my name to the fury of other customers on this thread. I also stayed with O2 only because of TUGO, because I don't have any network signal in my house. Suggestions that WhatsApp etc are a replacement are idiotic. The point is that someone can phone or text me and I'll get the call/message, and I don't see any replacement for that. 

If I have to upgrade my phone it will definitely not be with O2 if this is how they treat their customers. They already have the TUGO app which works and is a necessary feature for many customers, how much can it really cost to just keep running it? 

Any response from O2? 

Message 138 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm joining the chorus of people who are perpelexed by the closure of TU are very short notice and for all the reasons stated such as ability to take and make calls in a poor signal area, calling via WiFi when abroad etc.

In fact having signed up for Wifi calling in August I found out that this did not work outside of the UK, so as soon as I got back I cancelled it and returned to TU Go as its clearly not a like for like servcie.

However, the real kicker for me is that having lost my phone on a foreign trip, I was able to use TU GO to make calls via my ipad and communicate with friends and family and let them know that I was ok and what had gone wrong; great service and if there's not like for like, then I too (after 15 years of o2 customer loyalty) will be have no real differentiator to stay. 

Message 139 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Go is the one reason i was going to stay with O2 when my contract runs out next month.  total dissatisfier from O2. will be going elsewhere

Message 140 of 1,062