Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, here's some feedback for O2 to either chew on or completely ignore.....

The TU Go app is actually a big part of why have stayed with O2, when there have been other networks offering more in terms of data and minutes than O2 have. The convenience of what it has offered, not just on my phone, but also on my iPad has caused me to stay. So come contract renewal in the new year, I'm off elsewhere. And if O2 ask why I'm going, I'll tell them. And because I can be a belligerent sod when I feel that a company has let me down, I won't be back.

Message 81 of 1,062

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

OK, here's some feedback for O2 to either chew on or completely ignore.....

Personally I hope they choke on it..... 

Message 82 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not happy with the decision to cancel Tugo. 

I do have an Iphone 6 so it is wifi calling enabled.  Although I just had to ring our o2 Business account manager to activate it. 

Its the fact that it enables you to use other devices to send and make calls if your phone battery dies, malfunctions or your loose or forget it.

I don't think O2 realise how many people have stuck with o2 just because of this app and its features which no other mobile phone provider offers.

Message 83 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think O2 realise how many people have stuck with o2 just because of this app and its features which no other mobile phone provider offers.

Exactly what I said @Anonymous frowning2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 84 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
DO NOT close down the Tu Go app. There must be thousands of user who don’t have phones compatible with Wifi & 4G calling or who are loyal O2 customers but have a phone without O2 firmware installed. And what about those users who use Tu Go on multiple devices such as iPads etc. You really have not thought this through. Either that or it’s simply greed, hoping to force customers to upgrade/purchase O2 supplied phones just to make a quick buck. Very disappointed in O2.
Message 85 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a disaster. Just signed up again with O2 at triple the price of BT because of TUGO. Without this app my phone is useless as signal strength is too week. Tried texting today and only 40% of texts get sent. Can I cancel my contract?....Thought not. :-((
Message 86 of 1,062

andylloyd0808
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've complained to two people on O2 live chat today who have both confirmed that a "new and better app" will replace Tugo and I have been told not to worry as wifi calling will be available? Difficult to believe but I've saved the chats for my next complaint if it doesn't happen

Message 87 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a similar boat here. Have two devices with O2 and one in a new 24 month contract. My office has no signal so can't make work calls without TuGo. One plus five isn't supported for Web calling either. Will have to try and get O2 to release me from the contract or take legal action for breach of contract.
Message 88 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can complain but they won’t release you free of charge & I’m not sure breach of contract would work as they have given notice that they intend to remove a much needed service 

Message 89 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable
disgusted at 02 for shutting down TU go.Was main reason why I choose O2 in the first place.Why close it down? I use it so I can check my texts whilst at work as not allowed my phone.Wont be staying with them once my contracts up.
Message 90 of 1,062