Did you mean: 

TU Go is closing 30th November

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We see some of you have already spotted this but we wanted to confirm that the TU Go app & service will be ending on 30th November. We’ll be notifying all customers that have the TU Go app about this from today, Tuesday 17th October, through to Friday 20th October.

While TU Go is ending, we’re continuing to offer alternative calling options for our customers. More information can be found here. As VoWifi (Voice over Wifi, part of our Wifi and 4G calling capabilities) continues to develop, we’re working with our vendors to expand the selection of handsets that we offer with Wifi and 4G calling capabilities. A full list of currently supported devices can be found here, where we will also add future devices when they’re available.

If the device you’re currently using doesn’t support Wifi and 4G calling, you can check the My O2 app or get in touch with our customer service team (202 from an O2 Pay Monthly mobile, 8002 from O2 Business mobile) to see what upgrade options are available to you.

We recommend that all TU Go users make copies of any stored messages or images that they have saved on the TU Go app, as the app won’t be accessible from 1 December.

A thank you
We know that some of our O2 Community members helped test the TU Go app during beta trials and provided varied and fantastic feedback which helped our team shape the app, add new features and fix any bugs. We hope you’ve enjoyed using TU Go, and again want to thank anyone from the O2 Community that helped us.

More information on the closure of TU Go can be found here: https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 4 of 1,062
1,061 REPLIES 1,061

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 71 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a call back from a 'manager' at the O2 call centre concerning my complaint about TuGo closing. She of course is only the messenger, but I was struck by her continuously referring to 'O2' in the third person... as if she is not responsible for this mythical O2 provider that has made the decision on high and despite the empathy training there is nothing she could do... "I will pass on your comments" (what did Jim Royle used to say?)

I had to point out that their WiFi calling doesn't support texts.. she checked and they will provide this service but no timescale or promise...

Another interesting thing she repeated more than once was that TuGo is a service provided by O2 and not a contractual obligation... I wonder how many times that will be repeated over next few weeks.

So there you have it, the O2 monolith couldn't give a monkeys about providing a service to their customers..

Maybe it would make an interesting subject for Radio 4's You and Yours... worth a few paragraphs to find out.

Cheers

Message 72 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Appears my post containing the below image was removed.... 

Not sure why, **perhaps** it is because it's wrong information and makes O2 look stupid??   I don't see that it's at all offensive.

[image removed. Please read our guidelines and check your Private messages for more information ] 

Message 73 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 74 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

TU ends on 30 Nov. Neither my phone nor tablet are compatible with Wifi and 4g calling so what am I supposed to do ? Upgrade is not the answer.

Message 75 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the reasoning behind this decision? 

I and many others rely heavily on this app due to the incredibly poor reception at home. Seems to me like it's just a ploy to encourage customers to upgrade to newer phone models which carry the new version of wifi calling - especially considering that most of the alternative wifi calling services out there are restricted to callers using the same mutual app and are therefore not a valid option. 

The least you can do is keep TU Go in service until there are more viable options available or make your new app more widely accessible.

Better still, show some appreciation to your many loyal customers and reverse your decision. 

Consumers are well aware that there are alternative providers out there and all it takes is a drop in service levels to prompt a re-think.

Message 76 of 1,062

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really disspapointed regarding ths news as I use TuGo on my Computer as work as I don't get the best Mobile signal where I'm located.

Works really well, I can see who is calling and make calls via my headset (as we use Skype for Calls), doesn't distrurb people in the office with my phone ringing.

It was one of the reasons for staying with O2 - maybe i'll see what other providers offer

Message 77 of 1,062

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great news (NOT) I have received the dreaded text....Notice the one above it was regarding the closure of World Chat...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 1,062

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Great news (NOT) I have received the dreaded text....Notice the one above it was regarding the closure of World Chat...Smiley Mad

If they preceded the text with 'we are sorry but' and ended with 'this now means the directors and shareholders can receive adequate bonuses at Christmas and celebrate accordingly. Unfortunately we don't care a damn about our customers who can celebrate in their own chosen way' it would be much more meaningful.   

Message 79 of 1,062

CDub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really disapointed about the news and the attitude of O2 about it. My family rely on this app. with no proper signal where we live. All three of our phones rely on this. I have already changed my daughters phone to another provider today as she is just out of contract and will be doing the same with our phones in January.

The TUGO app was brilliant, consistent and reliable..... more than I can now say for O2. Listen to your costumers as well as your shareholders please.

Very disapointed and this will taint O2's credibility and level of customer care. Shame.

Message 80 of 1,062