Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: TU Go is closing 30th November

Very unhappy with this, I will now have to move network to get coverage at home, TU go made it useable for me.

why on earth are they canning this service ??

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Re: TU removal

Yup

Totally argee with you, I have such a c**p 2g, 3g and 4g signal (btw o2's 4g isnt turned on for voice calls yet, hasnt been for over a year) that I have to use TUGO when im indoors, going outside isn't a great option either as the center of town where i am is down between two hills

TUGO was my only option for voice calls, guess i'll have to cough up blood and use my landline!!

Highlighted

Why??

This app was my only reason for paying extra to be with O2. Won't be staying much longer... Actually pretty anoyed that a service I am paying for is being taken away. I would have gone for a much better deal elsewhere if I knew this would happen. Why not keep it unitl VoWifi is more developed?

Highlighted
Topics: 716

@MC71 wrote:

Why??

This app was my only reason for paying extra to be with O2. Won't be staying much longer... Actually pretty anoyed that a service I am paying for is being taken away. I would have gone for a much better deal elsewhere if I knew this would happen. Why not keep it unitl VoWifi is more developed?

Something we all wondered @MC71. Though even that wouldn't have the same functionality as TuGo..

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Not happy with this - I have used TUGO for ages !!! It has been very useful and great to use on my PC

Most helpful - will miss it - a big selling point for O2 - not sure where this leaves me now - am able to leave as contract is out !!!!

Highlighted

I think this is absolutely crazy!!  What a great tool TUGO is - especially when you are abroad and I mean not in the free roaming "Euro" zone.   Not only used it on my phone, but also great on the IPad for long texts and back up should phone fail.  Someone needs to suggest to O2 to think again - as many have pointed out most users don't have a compatiable phone for wifi calling etc and as for 4g !!.   Does it need a petition maybe, and I'm sure Martin Lewis ( aka MoneySavingExpert ) would be very interested.    O2  - think again and act !!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

For all if you needing an alternative, and are able to change providers, 3 have a similar app. It's called 3 InTouch and allows calls and texts via wifi. My wife has been using it at home for a while and it seems to be as reliable as Tugo is/was.

3s cheapest sim only deal is £5/month
Highlighted

TU GO say goodbye

Why are you discontinuing TU GO when you have such a limited number of phones that can use WI-FI calling plus you are unable to use WI-FI calling overseas, where I find it most useful as i can use on my tablet or PC. Personal this seems a backward step to me.
Highlighted
Topics: 570

Re: TU GO say goodbye

Highlighted
Topics: 716

Re: TU GO say goodbye

@Law50  There are many posts asking the same question. 99% of people posting here share your anger and disbelief...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker