Did you mean: 

TU Go changes its name to TU

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Those of you who use TU Go may soon see some changes to the app's branding name and the look of some pages in the near future.

This is because the app is enjoyed around other parts the world as well as in the UK, where it has been known as simply TU for a while now in certain areas.

This wont change how the app works in terms of functionality and charges, but you may see a cosmetic change :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You could call it WiFi calling or WC for short wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
You could call it WiFi calling or WC for short wink

Sounds just about right....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 40

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Toby wrote:

You could argue that 'you' are in all of your interactions with friends and family. Your life and those around you make you who you are. I'm getting deep with the metaphors haha wink

Yes @Toby but do you also want the app to be associated with 'chaos' and 'broken' as @gmarkj posted earlier? I think many people who were unhappy on the forum this past weekend would identify with that. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 33 of 40

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Toby wrote:

You could argue that 'you' are in all of your interactions with friends and family. Your life and those around you make you who you are. I'm getting deep with the metaphors haha wink

Yes @Toby but do you also want the app to be associated with 'chaos' and 'broken' as @gmarkj posted earlier? I think many people who were unhappy on the forum this past weekend would identify with that. 

For those who had issues, yes I would 100% agree that there would be frustration @Bambino and I'd never dispute that nor gloss over its impact.

In the grand scale of things however, I would prefer to personally associate it with my initial thoughts :).

Get involved:

Message 34 of 40

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You can associate it any way you like @Toby. Personally, I think it's a very poor rebranding choice which will be confusing and won't help explain what the app does.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 35 of 40

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would prefer the original name but to be honest they can rebrand it any way they see fit as long as it works and they keep making improvements but it seems the last update caused immense problems for many. I would hope that any update would surely undergo sufficient testing. 

It's working OK for me but I'm one of the fortunate users. I don't rely on it except when travelling so that's the only true test for me. 

Message 36 of 40

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I would prefer the original name but to be honest they can rebrand it any way they see fit as long as it works and they keep making improvements but it seems the last update caused immense problems for many. I would hope that any update would surely undergo sufficient testing. 

It's working OK for me but I'm one of the fortunate users. I don't rely on it except when travelling so that's the only true test for me. 

Hi @jonsie,

The product will still be known as TU Go in the UK, but the overall TU brand may be reflected in certain visual/branding aspects in the app :).

Get involved:

Message 37 of 40

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
ive got to agree here @Toby. The rebranding isn't going to make any difference to the end user. I assume this will make it easier internally.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 38 of 40

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:
but it seems the last update caused immense problems for many. I would hope that any update would surely undergo sufficient testing. 

very funny

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 39 of 40

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:
but it seems the last update caused immense problems for many. I would hope that any update would surely undergo sufficient testing. 

very funny

My glass is half full or half empty but as long as there's whiskey in there I'm eternally optimistic LOL

Message 40 of 40