O2 Community

Get help, share tips and chat

Level 1: Joiner

Re: Sony Xperia and Android Pie. Who wants a slice?

Got mine Friday just gone

Lucky, I have nothing yet on my pay monthly xz premium
Topics: 68

I believe O2 UK has rolled out but UK unlocked is still waiting to roll.

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.
O2 Social Media Team

@viridis wrote:
I believe O2 UK has rolled out but UK unlocked is still waiting to roll.

I can confirm we've just heard from Sony that as of last Friday (16 Nov), Android Pie is now rolling out to the Sony Xperia XZ1, XZ1 Compact and XZ Premium.

Enjoy that pie, folks! cake

CommunitySig.png
I'm on holiday, sunning it up in Florida and will be back Tue 5th Feb. Catch you then!

Nothing here yet Smiley Sad xz1 o2

If you're on O2 firmware (bought from O2 shop) the firmware is live for XZ1.
Can you firstly try doing a manual update check on your device.
Settings, about device, software update, or simply type update in the settings search bar.
If not showing, try performing an update using Xperia companion.

If your device is not O2 firmware and is UK generic, it still hasn't rolled yet..

On the box you will see some numbers you can use to check which customisation you have..

XZ1
O2 1310-6678
UK 1310-6360

XZ1 compact
O2 1310-7514
UK 1310-6856

Xz premium
O2 1308-5293
UK 1308-5320

If yours is a UK number, this firmware will roll once testing is complete and it's passed to software deployment.
So, soony

the above Gold badge is not official and as such does not represent O2 community's officially sanctioned winners badges. They are blue, I made this gold myself, because I wanted to, after 4 years of writing the best reviews seen on these here forums, I decided to take that status, and adopt it into my own coloured badge.
To clarify. I changed the colour and added the years, O2 community admin, did not. Please don't be confused.

Xz premium UK unlocked has rolled out.

Mine has still not xz1 ?

I know, complete pain..
I'm not saying it's Vodafone's fault, but all UK networks have passed it, except one...
Once they pass it, it should roll out full UK unlocked too.

My xz1 runs number 1310-4097 as was a replacemt from Sony it's self an I don't see that listed above does that affect it?