Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 78

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

@Anonymous the £99 is added to our mobile accounts to pay for the tablets.
I am 99% sure the next action will come after any cooling off periods to prevent people returning thousands of handsets as they were sold on the heavy implication or in some cases being outright told they will get a tablet when there is only a chance they will. I think most users on here will be OK as this forum is the only place where it was posted that the site went live, I would think users on here were definitely within the first 1000 and easily within the 2000 limit. If it is 1st come 1st served we're all in good standing imo

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi guys

I have been following this thread from beginning and I have some comments to add in general discussion

1) the tablet offer, I have called O2 customer service team and the lady I was speaking to, said she also pre-ordered and although she is a O2 staff she is has same t&c as rest of us, nothing helpful here but this suggests the offer is competitive

2) 2000 Tables on first come first served bases, this is where the difference is going to be, again I have called both O2 and Sony to clarify what's the qualifying order I.e. In the order of pro-order or in the order of claim registration unfortunately I didn't got clear answer from either party involved but my current best guess is, it's in the order of claim registration on Sony site

3) about cooling off period this is in the t&c so you will have to wait until cooling off period to find out if you have been successful with the tablet offer or not

4) being sold the network locked phone; the phone can be unlocked for FREE I have already unlocked Mine by filling out following form

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

5) bootloader locked phone; this has nothing to do with O2 I have asked Sony about this and they have confirmed it's locked by Sony for now, they may unlock it in future software releases

Hope this clears some air about this whole debacle
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous
When you fill the online tablet claim form it stated that you will be charge for the tablet with your phone bill.
And you will receive a text in few days to confirm it.
We don't mind getting the tablet after the 28 days are over.
But we want a confirmation that We have been successful.
Highlighted
Topics: 539

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys
4) being sold the network locked phone; the phone can be unlocked for FREE I have already unlocked Mine by filling out following form

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

5) bootloader locked phone; this has nothing to do with O2 I have asked Sony about this and they have confirmed it's locked by Sony for now, they may unlock it in future software releases

Hope this clears some air about this whole debacle

Item 4 is correct and well known.

Item 5 is incorrect - I have already posted a link to a thread where O2 have said they will not, ever, release the codes to unlock their locked bootloaders (this is different to Factory Unlocked phones directly from Sony).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous you are correct that it does state that they will charge your mobile account for tablet and they will notify you in advance before charging you but that does not means they will charge you as soon as you register your claim so that’s where I think the cooling off period  t&c comes in play?

Therefor I think we won’t find out at least until May the 8th + (2 to 3 O2 Working days for processing the offer and may be more if you add Sony processing time?)

All in all the only thing ambiguous and unknown is the eligibility order, I would sit tight and wait and take this as a lottery if you win you win otherwise no hard feelings Smiley Wink

@MI5 I have called Sony customer support pretending to buy SIM free z2 and then asked if the phone would be bootloader locked and they did confirm it will be..., O2 may force Sony to lock the bootloader and I guess that’s the case right now but they O2 won’t be able to unlock it for you simply because its locked by manufacturer and not by network provider, Please see link below

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/supported-devices

Highlighted

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 may force Sony to lock the bootloader and I guess that’s the case right now but they O2 won’t be able to unlock it for you simply because its locked by manufacturer and not by network provider,

I don't really understand what you are trying to say here, but, all phones come with a locked bootloader.

If you enter the service menu and check the lock status you will see either:

Bootloader Unlock = Yes or Bootloader Unlock = No.

All O2 phones are NO and all Sim Free phones are Yes.

No means that unlocking the bootloader is not possible.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted
Topics: 78

Three sent out phones with an unlockable bootloader. I don't think it's the fact they are locked (they all are) it's if they are unlockable o2's are not.

Highlighted

@viridis wrote:
Three sent out phones with an unlockable bootloader. I don't think it's the fact they are locked (they all are) it's if they are unlockable o2's are not.

Exactly what I;ve been trying to explain Smiley Wink

Currently using:
Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

Hi again, just lil' old me popping in.

- The tablet validation will take place from 14th May to account for any possible handset returns to us. You will be messaged if successfully validated and a tablet order placed. You will also be messaged if you are not successful with validation, with an explanation as to why.

- The £99.99 charge will be applied to your next O2 generated bill. Eg, if your current/next bill is produced before the 14th May, the charge would apply on the bill after this.

Hi, I'm from the O2 Social Media team
alert We're unable to access your account from the O2 Community. alert
 Tag me for any O2 product or service issues.
Tag @Martin-O2 or @Marjo for anything else.
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@Chris_K could you please clarify what's the qualifying order I.e. In the order of pro-orders placed through O2 or in the order of claim registrered on sony web site?