Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

I also agree that O2 is being very slow in shipping pre orders compared to the other networks.

When I was in the O2 store last week the guy informed me that pre orders will more than likely be shipped on the 28th, this is due to them making sure that their carrier software is working correctly. Maybe this might be the reason O2 are so slow at releasing the phone or they just don't have the stock.

To top off the wait I received an email from O2 saying 

"It's been a few weeks since you shopped with us. We'd love to hear what you think about your new Sony Xperia Z2 Black. Your feedback could end up on our website and help others make the right choice"

If I was to help others make the right choice I would advise them to go with other networks for new releases as O2 like to take their time. 

I will continue to wait patiently for the 28th if not before and hope that we all get our dispatched emails.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Well in the tablet deal T&C's it says they can offer us a tablet of higher value if they want, well maybe they should let us get the tablet Z2 instead as a gesture of good will due too the delay with the handset? Certainly would make the wait worth it!

6. The Sony Tablet Z available under this offer is the Wifi only version (although we reserve the right to provide the more expensive mobile broadband connected version at our discretion).

Highlighted
Anonymous

Looking forward to getting my hands on this phone (and tablet), hopefully not long to wait now.

Other sites offer the same level of O2 Tarrif for cheaper, but once you factor in the cost of the Xperia Z tablet then going directly through O2 is a slightly better deal (if you want the tablet).

Highlighted
Former Staff

Great to hear kgd888,

If you get one, let us all know what you think of it Smiley Happy
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

Hi All,

We have a bit of an update for you. For our Z2 pre-orders we had always expected devices to be available and on-sale week commencing 28th April. We unfortunately haven't had a solid date until now, but we can confirm the devices will be available on 1st May.

For those who pre-ordered, looking forward to getting your hands on it? What are you looking forward to most about it?

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Can't wait to ditch my S3 for this!

@Chris_K For online orders, does this mean they'll be delivered on the 1st May (dispatched before)?

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

So despatched a week tomorrow, that means we wont get it until a week friday?  Gutted, I'm reading about people picking theirs up in shops now, like CPW.  I thought by pre-ordering I would get mine first.  How have CPW got stock before O2?  And the 'testing the software' excuse makes no sense as you can get an O2 Z2 from CPW right now.....

This is going to be an agonisingly long ten days......

Highlighted
Anonymous

Although youve posted the 1st May update, the live chat advisor has just told me that it is still expected to be 28th April! Which is right? And are these dates the delivery dayes or despatch dates?

Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,850
Ideas: 6

[ Edited ]

the information from @Chris_K above should be taken as the accurate reply

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

I am finding it hard to believe that O2 did not receive their stock from Sony at the same time as the other carriers and always had in mind the release date to be the 1st of May for pre-orders.

The annoying thing is I went into CPW today and they have 300 Z2's available in their warehouse that are not allocated to pre-orders and would be available for me to pick up in store this Friday with £100 cashback.

If it wasn't for the O2 refresh tarrif I would have gone for it and the monthly cost would have been cheaper for the same amount of minutes and data.

Looking forward to receivng my Z2 pre-order next week and hoping there will be no further delays come May 1st.