Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 572

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Well the official information from the website and from @Chris_K is still the 28th so until that is updated I wouldn't bank on any of the other dates you have been given as being factually correct. It seems there is always conflicting information from different sources within O2.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hoping this may be available sooner :-)
Highlighted
Anonymous

I spoke on live chat Saturday, and told that it mine would be dispatched Monday, so on Monday I did a live chat go check if it had and was told it would be posted anytime before 9PM for sure. After 9PM I did another live chat and told it would be dispatched within the following 24 hours. So I have had another live chat today and told it will ship within the next 24hohrs... Clearly no one at O2 has a clue when the phone is going to ship.

At least Vodafone, CPW & P4U gave released statements about when their ore orders will ship... O2 just seem to be stringing me a load of lies all the time...

Some clear info would be nice!
Highlighted
Anonymous

When i pre-ordered the phone the person on the phone told me you'll get your phone on 11th of April, okay great. I've checked almost every day on live chat how's it going with dispatching they all say 11th of April, but guess what today one member of staff tells me 3-5 bussiness days from today another one tells me 1st of May and then another one gives me the link for pre ordering which says 28th. How can it go from ready to dispatch in a few days to not in stock, WHERE do you find these people who work at the customer service just tell me WHERE? I'm without a phone for more then a month and I get excited to get my phone this Friday finally, but no that sounded too good. All other carriers can ship it this or next week but you can't even ship the purple version and you are the only one in UK who sells it.

Highlighted

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

I can only apologise about the different timescales you've been given. With regards to solid/official dates, we don't yet have one but I would recommend to keep an eye on the pre-order site here > http://po.st/CeeYGb
Currently we expect it to go on sale week commencing 28th April - closer to the time, this date could change, but I would recommend checking this for official/latest information on it.

Hi. I'm from the Social Media Team.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Meh, It's not going to change anything the phone won't be in my hands till May definitely, but I don't get it how can a person who represents the company guarantee for something which is not true, because i asked can you guarantee this information and they said yes. And also I don't know how much money O2 paid to get exclusive rights for purple version probably a lot, and they can't even deliver it now.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I've been hearing that pre-orders will receive their phones next week but otherwise the phone's offical UK wide launch is now May 1st?  Is it therefore true that having pre-ordered (the exclusive O2 purple too) that it will be next week?

Also, I got notification that you have now taken stock of the Z2 tablet, WiFI RRP of £399.  Are we therefore actually able to get the Z2 tablet through the pre-order offer?  I read the T&C of the offer and it says you might offer a superior model, it also says that you'll remove the offer from the page once allocation has been used up.  Does that mean that the first 2000 to pre-order get the deal or is it the first 2000 to claim and therefore the offer will stay up until release day and a mad rush follows to get the claim in first (though if it is the previous model Z tablet, maybe there will not be such a rush?)

Highlighted
Anonymous

Well Carphone Warehouse, Phones 4 U, EE and Vodafone customers have started recieving their handsets... and O2 are moving at a snails pace in comparison. CarphoneWarehouse have it in stock now to new orders, Vodafone orders are delivered week commencing 14th April, yet O2 is a massive 2 weeks slower... yet they have purple exclusive to them! 

Why is O2 so slow? 

Highlighted

Only O2 can answer that but it seems a little ridiculous that a network having exclusivity to a particular colour or model can be so far behind their competitors. They are obviously going to lose a few sales but patience is certainly a virtue when dealing with O2.