Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
Topics: 81

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

I do care about the tablet, being honest it's the ONLY reason I ordered And when o2 told me in chat (I saved logs) about there's only 2000 pre orders available so I shouldn't worry as I'll get a tablet, it's also the only reason I sold my iconia a700 for £100 so it covered the cost of the new one

Highlighted
Anonymous

Whoop!! Should get mine tomorrow. O2 store Bradley Stoke can't see a problem with supplying me with one tomorrow Smiley Happy). Now to cancel the online order. Bet that will be a pain!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

If the store have stock can they forfil your online order if you asked for a store delivery or does your specific online order have to be delivered to store?

Highlighted

Has to be cancelled then re ordered apparently which in modern day is backwards

Highlighted
Anonymous

She told me on the phone all pre order collection stock had come in, she was sure they had for sale stock to, if not will tomorrow. My order online was for home delivery, so could the shop still fulfill it??? Waiting for a call back from them
Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

Situation update in Wigan.

After my chat with o2 (posted above) which states my phone will be ready today, I went to the store and they said not the case. Showed them the email, they said not the stores problem, Its mine as i ordered via click and collect.... but i did learn some thing interesting.

Click and collect and ordering online (thus not via the store) is a seprate arm of O2 wigan said. The click and collect orders do not come from O2 but via a rebranded, internal to O2, 2nd party. They have their own delivery dates and shipping procedures and are nothing to do with the O2 stores. This prob explains why theres so many differences of dates and opinion; your not dealing with O2, your dealing with a seperate company in effect. It also shows why some get theirs early and some not. Unfonrtunatly it also means, the Wigan store said, that even if wigan get stock in, they will NOT give me one of the stores phones as, even if they have left over, as im not really buying O2 stock, im buying from a seperate second party and thats where my money has gone and thats where my money has gone.

I recorded the convo for prosperity and then went to vodafone (Lots in stock, one on display,happy to sell one today), EE (2 stores, one pre order picked up already by the membe rof staff i spoke to, stock in both, none on display and wont sell today), three (dunno how many picked up already but stock in and but wont sell) and phones4u (have stock, wont sell me one but dont deal with O2 at all due to 'problems like this, more bother than they are worth stocking').

Also picked up sales numbers from the stores and all basically said sony would sell way more then 2000 in day one nationwide on their network, never mind week1, so late delivery will cause problems I think. Therefore if phone is in today, ill take it. If phone is in tomorrow morning at store opeing, ill take it. If O2 wait to send me a text or email past 10am and im cancelling as ill have missed out on the tablet and ill get one on one of the other networks.

Nothing to do with mods, nothing to do with not waiting, nothing to do with price, purely to do with 'first come first served' offer and lack of communication.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Haha sounds about right!! I'll just buy one tomorrow then cancel the pre order after!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have just spoken to 'live chat', they have informed me that my order will be dispatched tomorrow with a 1 - 3 working days delivery.

A dispatched email will be sent with a tracking number.

Highlighted

O2 needs to clarify how things stand with people and tablets. Where is the first come first served and which website is updated when the 2000 are sold.

Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

I now have a tracking number on my order???

But no details on the DPD sites says dispatched 29th April