cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We have some more great news for you guys 😉

The Sony Xperia Z2 is now up for pre-order too! Head on over here to check out all the tariff and availability details > http://po.st/CeeYGb

651781-1_O2_Sony_Xperia_Z2_1200x627.jpg

As well as being available on our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff, you also have the chance to bundle a Sony Xperia Tablet Z for just £99.99, saving a whopping £300! This is an amazing offer and stock is limited. Just to repeat... That's the incredible Tablet Z for a one-off £99.99 when you pre-order the Z2!

Go on, you're tempted right? I know I am... I can almost justify a third handset and second tablet 😉

UPDATE @ 28th May, 2014 - Q&A section added with common questions being asked, and their answers:

Why is the claim site still up? You said it’d be updated! This is closing on the 29th May.
Although we’ve received 2,200+ claims, a large chunk of these were duplicates or were using false data. As a result, we have not yet exhausted all 2,000 tablets we had available for this offer. As outlined in the offer terms, claims must be made prior to 29th May and as we still had tablets available, the site was left open for last minute claims until stock was exhausted. Although Z2 pre-orders were delivered to many on 1st May, some who opted to collect in store still have not actually collected them, so these customers still have until 29th May to get their claims in and assuming they pass validation, will also receive a tablet subject to stock.

Your terms say I’d have a tablet within 28 days of my claim. Where is it?
Due to  the Z2 launching on the 1st May, we had to wait 2 weeks from this date to begin our validations. The reason for this is because it allowed our validation team to ensure the handset wasn’t returned during the 7 day cooling off period. Unfortunately, due to the amount of claims we received during this first week, it took an extra week for us to get all of the returns data from our systems. Our validations began from 14th May and the 28 day delivery clause began from when you were validated. We apologise if this part of the offer terms was not made clear enough, or caused you any confusion.

Where are you now with claims and Tablet orders?
As mentioned above, we’ve had over 2,200 claims, several hundred of which were duplicates or using falsified data. To date, all claims have now been validated. You should have received an update by text alerting you that we have not forgotten about your claim. Of all validated claims, our team have placed around 500 tablet orders, most of which have been delivered. We have around another 1,300 tablet orders to place against accounts which we expect to be completed within the next fortnight. We are currently looking into the possibility of getting more staff involved in this process in order to speed it up and complete them sooner.

Why have some people received a 4G tablet and mine is Wifi?
The tablet offer has always been for the Wifi-only version, though within our allocation of 2,000 Tablet Z’s, some of these were a 4G+Wifi version. We allocated these 4G versions to the first customers to submit their claim, who subsequently passed our validation checks. For the majority of claims, customers will receive the Wifi-only Tablet Z as advertised – but if you were amongst the first, you could get the upgraded 4G version. Whichever version you receive, it’s worth the wait – we promise.

Which order were claims being validated?
Claims were validated in order they were received - eg, if you were the first to claim, you would have been the first to go through validation. In reality, not all of this has been straight forward as some customers submitted data that didn't match what we had on our systems or the account, so we've had to get in touch with some customers to correct these details. As such validating these small number of claims has taken a little longer than expected.

Why haven’t you been in touch sooner with this update?
Unfortunately the launch of the Z2 did cause us some issues. We were always aware the device would launch during the week commencing 28th April, but it wasn’t until much closer to this date that we got an official UK launch date. This had caused us some issues and along the way, our validations team had run into some unexpected issues which they have worked through tirelessly. Despite this, we can again confirm all claims to date have been validated and weather successful or not, you will receive a text confirming the status of your claim.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,043
1,042 REPLIES 1,042

Anonymous
Not applicable

We had O2 reps come to work as we use them as a provider. Asked to look at a Z2 as looking at getting one. Switched it on did the code that gets service menues, saw the bootloader unlock allowed=no, handed the phone back and said I was not interested.

That confused them a bit? Explained as have Xpreia S with same issue and know that I can put a Sony approved generic KitKat on the phone but can not as the bootloader unlock allowed=no.

So the decision is now buy it outright and go sim only, or go to another network provider who may not set this or at least offer at the end of the contract the rights to change this as the phone becomes mine.

Message 941 of 1,043

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So @statts1987uk claimed his tablet on the 6th may. So if it was first batch of people who claimed got the 4g model - everyone who submitted before this date should have got the 4g model too. But this is not the case. Total random and kinda of unfair if that was the policy but because of how it was handled the claims were beinG done in a random order.
Message 942 of 1,043

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I "believe"I may have been in the first handful to claim. Evidence certainly backs that up.
I have wifi version.
Bottom line is this; be happy if you get one, any one because there's always gonna be someone who didn't.
There's xperia link installed to tether to your phone's 4G for data on the go and there's a lot less to go wrong.
All I want is 100% clarification that my tablet has a warranty. My receipt is for a different item and as such I have no proof of purchase. O2 returns, chat, customer service will not acknowledge the 2 different models or the fact people have received the 4G version.
They call their own staff liars and leave them to bear the brunt of this. I have asked @Toby to look into my issue as I believe it could be very easy to change my order to represent what I have, apparently not. But not to worry, warranty is linked to my tablets IMEI number isn't it?
When an O2 returns person is telling you that all tablets have an IMEI it's really quite worrying and when they tell you that your wrong by insisting non networked items do not have an IMEI, it's more worrying still.
It should be easy, get my original order, arrange a virtual return and open new order for correct item with no delivery address and set as complete. If needed take my serial number from the dispatch note and apply to new order.
5 minutes tops!
Instead I find myself, again asking @Toby @Chris_K Does my tablet have a valid warranty?

Message 943 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re Sony Tablet for £99.00 with pre-order Z2 - So if I haven't had a text or an e-mail by now should I assume that I have been unsuccessful with my claim? 

Message 944 of 1,043

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh so it has a way to tether off a mobile device. That is good.

We obviously was the first if someone who claimed on the 6th and got a 4g model hahaha

I may be tempted to sell this one and get the z2 wifi model...
Message 945 of 1,043

TheOnlyPaulV
  • 90 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No, @stevem1ller, the process as explained by @Chris_K is very simple and very clear.
If you have received a text to say your claim was received, that does NOT mean you get a tablet. If you get an email asking for more information that does NOT mean your getting a tablet. If you receive a text and an email that does NOT mean you get a tablet. If you get no text and no email at all, then that does not mean you will get a tablet, though it does not mean you won't get a tablet. If you don't get a tablet within 28 days, that does not mean you won't get a tablet though it does mean you might not. Meanwhile if you get confirmation that you are getting a wifi tablet that does not mean you are getting a wifi tablet, just as (apparently) if you are sent a 4g tablet that you have a 4g tablet as they don't exist. To find out, just use the dialer to find the imei number that the wifi version does not have. Now, to figure out if your getting a wifi version or the 4g version (that I have in my hands, bit apparently don't have according to o2) look at the order that your claim was submitted, if it was one of the first ones then you may or may not get one, and if it's one of the last ones then you may or may not get one either. In terms of when you will find out, well o2 have a crack squad on that one now but no one in o2 knows who they are or what they are doing. You will find out within 28 days in any case except if o2 have not submitted your claim yet in which case they will process within 28 days of a date that no one knows. Finally, you need to be in the first 2000 to get a tablet (be that wifi or 'does not exist 4g') and whether you are in the first 2000 does not mean you will get a tablet, just refer back to the text/email you may or may not have received which means nothing as to whether you will or will not be getting a tablet regardless of whether the text/email says you will or will not be getting a tablet.
Think I got it all there?
Message 946 of 1,043

masterwai
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Anonymous sounds like it... 😞

But be patient - anything could still happen with this promotion and how it has gone so far Hahha

Think Chris said everyone would get a text/email to say if you was successful or not. So you are kind of in the middle....
Message 947 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
@
Message 948 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
@masterwai

The order shows 4g being delivered today so hopefully I can update later to confirm
Message 949 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

ConfusedTheOnlyPaulV thats makes perfect sense 

I've got my tablet so just waiting on everyone else to recieve their tablets then we can hopefully move onto the next stage of this gripping saga the "TCB" where some people have already been declined and some people have had there's reduced!  I look forward to your next right up slight_smile

Message 950 of 1,043