cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We have some more great news for you guys 😉

The Sony Xperia Z2 is now up for pre-order too! Head on over here to check out all the tariff and availability details > http://po.st/CeeYGb

651781-1_O2_Sony_Xperia_Z2_1200x627.jpg

As well as being available on our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff, you also have the chance to bundle a Sony Xperia Tablet Z for just £99.99, saving a whopping £300! This is an amazing offer and stock is limited. Just to repeat... That's the incredible Tablet Z for a one-off £99.99 when you pre-order the Z2!

Go on, you're tempted right? I know I am... I can almost justify a third handset and second tablet 😉

UPDATE @ 28th May, 2014 - Q&A section added with common questions being asked, and their answers:

Why is the claim site still up? You said it’d be updated! This is closing on the 29th May.
Although we’ve received 2,200+ claims, a large chunk of these were duplicates or were using false data. As a result, we have not yet exhausted all 2,000 tablets we had available for this offer. As outlined in the offer terms, claims must be made prior to 29th May and as we still had tablets available, the site was left open for last minute claims until stock was exhausted. Although Z2 pre-orders were delivered to many on 1st May, some who opted to collect in store still have not actually collected them, so these customers still have until 29th May to get their claims in and assuming they pass validation, will also receive a tablet subject to stock.

Your terms say I’d have a tablet within 28 days of my claim. Where is it?
Due to  the Z2 launching on the 1st May, we had to wait 2 weeks from this date to begin our validations. The reason for this is because it allowed our validation team to ensure the handset wasn’t returned during the 7 day cooling off period. Unfortunately, due to the amount of claims we received during this first week, it took an extra week for us to get all of the returns data from our systems. Our validations began from 14th May and the 28 day delivery clause began from when you were validated. We apologise if this part of the offer terms was not made clear enough, or caused you any confusion.

Where are you now with claims and Tablet orders?
As mentioned above, we’ve had over 2,200 claims, several hundred of which were duplicates or using falsified data. To date, all claims have now been validated. You should have received an update by text alerting you that we have not forgotten about your claim. Of all validated claims, our team have placed around 500 tablet orders, most of which have been delivered. We have around another 1,300 tablet orders to place against accounts which we expect to be completed within the next fortnight. We are currently looking into the possibility of getting more staff involved in this process in order to speed it up and complete them sooner.

Why have some people received a 4G tablet and mine is Wifi?
The tablet offer has always been for the Wifi-only version, though within our allocation of 2,000 Tablet Z’s, some of these were a 4G+Wifi version. We allocated these 4G versions to the first customers to submit their claim, who subsequently passed our validation checks. For the majority of claims, customers will receive the Wifi-only Tablet Z as advertised – but if you were amongst the first, you could get the upgraded 4G version. Whichever version you receive, it’s worth the wait – we promise.

Which order were claims being validated?
Claims were validated in order they were received - eg, if you were the first to claim, you would have been the first to go through validation. In reality, not all of this has been straight forward as some customers submitted data that didn't match what we had on our systems or the account, so we've had to get in touch with some customers to correct these details. As such validating these small number of claims has taken a little longer than expected.

Why haven’t you been in touch sooner with this update?
Unfortunately the launch of the Z2 did cause us some issues. We were always aware the device would launch during the week commencing 28th April, but it wasn’t until much closer to this date that we got an official UK launch date. This had caused us some issues and along the way, our validations team had run into some unexpected issues which they have worked through tirelessly. Despite this, we can again confirm all claims to date have been validated and weather successful or not, you will receive a text confirming the status of your claim.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,043
1,042 REPLIES 1,042

masterwai
Level 3: Thinker
  • 98 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Interesting... I think the o2 rep you spoke to had no idea and tried to fob you off and dug himself a hole and didn't want to admit to it. I spoke to 3 different o2 reps once via phone and twice via chat and they all did not have a clue about who/what/when/how about this promotion.

No reason for people to lie on here unless they are fake profiles from O2 staff....!
Message 701 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous could you please share the email address you replied to

Perhaps we can use that email address to check our status
Message 702 of 1,043

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

@Anonymous Hope this is good enough,

Your post with his email address, the O2 picking order, and the tablet itself, been here since yesterday.

DSC_0010_20140522005034407.jpg

Message 703 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Viridis, that's very kind of you and quite helpful (if others can also send, that will be great help). I will send this to Mohammed Anais (Customer Services) and see what he says. Will also send it to Ronan Dunne (CEO Telefonica UK), Matthew Key (Chairman & CEO of Telefonica Digital UK), Phil Jordan (Group CIO), Brendan O'Rourke (CIO UK), Dave Williams (CTO O2), Adrian Coles (Global Head of Devices), Dudley Rees (Board Programme Office). Hope they recognize the rot.

Message 704 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketing and advertising: the law

Regulations that affect advertising

Advertising to consumers

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations mean you can’t mislead or harass consumers by, for example:

• including false or deceptive messages
  • leaving out important information
  • using aggressive sales techniques

Read ‘The consumer protection from unfair trading regulations’ for the rules on advertising legally.

** Also, thinking about Small Claims Court, but there is a problem (the maximum you can claim for is £10,000 - two zeros are missing).

Message 705 of 1,043

TheOnlyPaulV
  • 90 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im still have faith that @Toby  good to his word and will come back this morning after finding out the infomation required to put every ones mind at rest and confirm that O2 is not just doing this in any old haphazard way which is what all of us are concerned about: only that that this is being done by O2s own stated rules and O2 just talk to us.

I also notice a lot of new names coming into this thread that ive not seen before so in my view O2 really needs to get a grip on this as the way its being handled currently is NOT the way to be doing it! If this does in deed go higher up the food chain id hate to be the one whos been aware of this and then have been caught sitting on my hands when this goes to BBC Watchdog.

Ive spent this morning screen-shoting relevant pages of the forum in case this ends up getting deleted! 

Message 706 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
The O2 rep is a liar, I received mine yesterday. I came across this forum on 1st May by chance because I searched o2 xperia z2 on twitter and someone tweeted about it. I have followed it since to get any information regarding what is going on. I have a feeling that the site went live again because of the amount of problems with this whole promotion. I would not be surprised if they are honouring all preorders now after validation. They have their 2000 wifi only and I believe the ones with 4G are the ones which were preordered and claimed first, which is probably why they are doing it in a random order. They know how many preorders they sent, so probably just working through them to see who has wifi and 4G. I hope you all hear soon and have so far not heard that anyone has been refused. The worst thing about this promotion has been the problems with the site, not doing what they said, like texting straight away and lack of Communication. My issue has never been having to wait for the tablet, but the lack of knowing, and the worry of missing out because of an error that was not my fault and then no tablets left. I worried less after reading this forum as I realised if that happened I had a chance to complain.
Message 707 of 1,043

TheOnlyPaulV
  • 90 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous which is great obviously, but then lets have O2 come here and say that as without them talking to us yout theory (though most probably correct) is just as legitimate as the other theory which is that O2 is handing them out nilly-willy  as that fits the current patterns too slight_smile

Currently there are plenty of people who have no email, no text and no tablet.

If what your saying is true then @Toby will confirm that today as he said he would and then its problem solved, we can all wait happily.

Again to labour a point, its not difficult, just speak to us! let us know as customers whats going on and if you dont know your self, find some one who does and communicate that back.

Message 708 of 1,043

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I will post this once more for clarity.

Those that are upset and fed up with the lack of information please all follow the full o2 complaints process and lodge a full complaint with the complaint review service for an impartial review all the information is contained in the link at the bottom of ecery o2 webpage including this but here is the link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

This is the only certain way o2 will get the message about what has gone wrong and then put it right.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 709 of 1,043

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi TheOnlyPaulV,

As soon as I have more info I shall update you. Hopefully this will be today but I have not said that this was guaranteed. Rest assured, I'll be doing all I can.

To those of you who sent me private messages last night, I shall tend to them today. I have not purposefully chosen to ignore any of them, so please do not assume this. My shift had ended. Many thanks.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 710 of 1,043