cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We have some more great news for you guys 😉

The Sony Xperia Z2 is now up for pre-order too! Head on over here to check out all the tariff and availability details > http://po.st/CeeYGb

651781-1_O2_Sony_Xperia_Z2_1200x627.jpg

As well as being available on our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff, you also have the chance to bundle a Sony Xperia Tablet Z for just £99.99, saving a whopping £300! This is an amazing offer and stock is limited. Just to repeat... That's the incredible Tablet Z for a one-off £99.99 when you pre-order the Z2!

Go on, you're tempted right? I know I am... I can almost justify a third handset and second tablet 😉

UPDATE @ 28th May, 2014 - Q&A section added with common questions being asked, and their answers:

Why is the claim site still up? You said it’d be updated! This is closing on the 29th May.
Although we’ve received 2,200+ claims, a large chunk of these were duplicates or were using false data. As a result, we have not yet exhausted all 2,000 tablets we had available for this offer. As outlined in the offer terms, claims must be made prior to 29th May and as we still had tablets available, the site was left open for last minute claims until stock was exhausted. Although Z2 pre-orders were delivered to many on 1st May, some who opted to collect in store still have not actually collected them, so these customers still have until 29th May to get their claims in and assuming they pass validation, will also receive a tablet subject to stock.

Your terms say I’d have a tablet within 28 days of my claim. Where is it?
Due to  the Z2 launching on the 1st May, we had to wait 2 weeks from this date to begin our validations. The reason for this is because it allowed our validation team to ensure the handset wasn’t returned during the 7 day cooling off period. Unfortunately, due to the amount of claims we received during this first week, it took an extra week for us to get all of the returns data from our systems. Our validations began from 14th May and the 28 day delivery clause began from when you were validated. We apologise if this part of the offer terms was not made clear enough, or caused you any confusion.

Where are you now with claims and Tablet orders?
As mentioned above, we’ve had over 2,200 claims, several hundred of which were duplicates or using falsified data. To date, all claims have now been validated. You should have received an update by text alerting you that we have not forgotten about your claim. Of all validated claims, our team have placed around 500 tablet orders, most of which have been delivered. We have around another 1,300 tablet orders to place against accounts which we expect to be completed within the next fortnight. We are currently looking into the possibility of getting more staff involved in this process in order to speed it up and complete them sooner.

Why have some people received a 4G tablet and mine is Wifi?
The tablet offer has always been for the Wifi-only version, though within our allocation of 2,000 Tablet Z’s, some of these were a 4G+Wifi version. We allocated these 4G versions to the first customers to submit their claim, who subsequently passed our validation checks. For the majority of claims, customers will receive the Wifi-only Tablet Z as advertised – but if you were amongst the first, you could get the upgraded 4G version. Whichever version you receive, it’s worth the wait – we promise.

Which order were claims being validated?
Claims were validated in order they were received - eg, if you were the first to claim, you would have been the first to go through validation. In reality, not all of this has been straight forward as some customers submitted data that didn't match what we had on our systems or the account, so we've had to get in touch with some customers to correct these details. As such validating these small number of claims has taken a little longer than expected.

Why haven’t you been in touch sooner with this update?
Unfortunately the launch of the Z2 did cause us some issues. We were always aware the device would launch during the week commencing 28th April, but it wasn’t until much closer to this date that we got an official UK launch date. This had caused us some issues and along the way, our validations team had run into some unexpected issues which they have worked through tirelessly. Despite this, we can again confirm all claims to date have been validated and weather successful or not, you will receive a text confirming the status of your claim.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,043
1,042 REPLIES 1,042

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Chris_K works for O2 and is part of the social media team who is trying to help you guys out here....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 441 of 1,043

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

before i upgraded to this, i had an online chat with one of the sales advisors. She told me i WOULD get a tablet, and that was the reason i signed up for this offer. if you look way back during the fiasco of when we get the phones my posts will verify that. a lot on here have asked how many z2's were pre ordered because of part of the 02 terms and conditions that were not adhered to by o2 namely section 9

"There is a maximum of 2000 of these tablets available on a first come first served basis. WE WILL UPDATE THIS WEBSITE IF STOCK RUNS OUT."

The o2 website was never updated. in fact when questioned about this with o2 chat i was told "when there is 2000 preordered it will say out of stock"

on the eve of release day chris_k informed us every preorder got a leaflet and therefore it would be a first come situation on the sony redemption site. upon may 1st the site became active @14:15, this forum is the only place i can find where users pointed out the site was active with my own application being completed by 14:17. the users on this site must have been within the first the only way they could not have been is if 2000 people accidentally and randomly happened to all go to that site at the exact time it became active.

we were told that the verification would take place on the 14th and we would get a text, no texts on 14th.

o2 twitter told us on 15th texts are going out as we speak, no texts on 15th.

o2 chat and o2 twitter told us also on 15th, if we didnt get a text, our application was unsuccsessfull, still no texts

since then a barrage of misinformation and conflicting stories are coming out of every social platform of o2 and its quite clear now that o2 will have 1000s of peeved off customers stuck in an overpriced contract due to the missinformation from o2 sales at the beginning.

they had no right to tell people they would get a tablet just to get a sale, and likewise o2 had no right to hide the 2000 limit in smallprint. there is a large legal difference between:

" pre order the xperia z2 and get 300 off the tablet Z"   and

"pre order the xperia z2 and be in the running to get 300 off a tablet z"

vodafone knew this when their offer banner was "free bravia 32 tv when you pre order the xperia z2 only 3000 available"

the fact o2 sales told people they would get a tablet before they ordered is at best a disgustingly low sales tactic and at worst is greedy neglegent misrepresentation. i think o2 know most people preordered to get the tablet they know this because it was the main point of sale on o2's site's homepage until the 24th april and remained on item page until may the first.

being told i would get a tablet is why i, and at least 1 other customer, have sold our current tablets to pay the 100 for this one and as it turns out its now a lottery if we'll get one.

o2/sony have purposely carried out verifications after cooling off period because they dont want 1000's of returned handsets from customers who were told or implied they would get a tablet, likewise this whole verification process is taking a long time for something that in reality could be an instant file check. is this due to the fact that if contracts are sold on the basis of neglegent misrepresentation then the contract can be cancelled as long as user equipment is in an as sold condition? the longer we wait the more scratches the handsets get?

i want o2 to tell us if we got a tablet or not, all other networks have regarding speakers, tv's etc and if not we should have the option of cancelling or taking up the alternative instore offer of z2 + tablet z2 bundle which was amazingly offered the day after retail store cooling off ended. 

this is o2, britains largest mobile network, not some cornershop running a scam.

Message 442 of 1,043

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
its called a timestamp, its on every possible form of electronic communication. its perfect at verifying which came first
Message 443 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
As @MI5 had said, effectively cut the guy some slack here please. Whilst the fundamental question is "Will I get a tablet" you all have various other points to raise.

O2 Are going through a valuation process.
Agreed it is taking its time.
Agreed it hasn't really worked well.
Agreed there are frustrated people out there.

Please. Wait until you find out either way.
If you are successful - problem solved.
If you are not successful and are unhappy about it - email complaintreviewservice@o2.com for a full review.
If you remain unhappy - Ombudsman Service.

But in the meantime please don't shoot the messenger who really IS trying to help.
Message 444 of 1,043

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
oh, and none of my comments bar the one before this are negative towards toby or chris_k, im fully aware they have to take brunt for others mistakes and misinformation. they probably are as perplexed by this as us.
Message 445 of 1,043

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Anything I say here on the forums, you can regard as official O2 information (unless in the form of a personal comment made where appropriate, if someone asked my opinion on handset A vs handset B, for instance)

Official confirmation of you receiving a Tablet Z via the redemption will only be made via the SMS that will be sent out to all customers to advise them on their claim status, once validations are complete. I apologise if you have been given incorrect information from any of our chat or customer service teams but they will not be able to see the status of your claim to confirm this.

Once again please refer to the tablet terms & conditions here > http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sony-xperia-z2-phone-pre-order-with-sony-tablet-z-off...

Please refer to section 5 of the above.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 446 of 1,043

TheOnlyPaulV
Level 3: Thinker
  • 90 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Chris_K now says he is aurhorised to speak for o2.

However, go to the O2 site and use the online chat and it DOES say they are an officially O2 rep.

Email O2 and it does say at the bottom/signature of the email that 'Civ' is an official O2 rep.

Phone up the official O2 number from the official O2 site and you can confirm with them that they are officially O2 reps.

These 3 sources are authorised to advise me on my account, my balances and my upgrade possibilites.

They said, in writing, i am going to get a tablet 'For sure'. I was not talking to Jonny the forum guy or Ian my mate down the pub, I was talking to an offical O2 authorised rep.

far as im concerned, thats a binding contract. Else what are we left with? Phone O2 offically, they sell you a contract, say £40 per month for 2 years with unlimited minutes, unlimited texts and 8 GB of data, in writing, but the contract is not binding and they can ignore it and instead remove the 8GB and charge £50??? No you contact O2, they make you and offer, you confirm it in writing, its binding. 

Is there any more 'offical' way than that to get an answer? Only other way i see is to go to the Cheif exec and interview him (unlikely) or get the confirmation text (not possible yet) so out of all the official and authorised ways to confirm im getting a tablet, I did it and the official and authorised O2 personal have said in writing that im down for getting one.

Also, the terms and conditions say 'the promotoers decision is final' and the promoters decision was that I am getting a tablet. In writing.

Ps. Im very very very annoyed at how this has been handled, can you tell?

Message 447 of 1,043

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Chris_K has to be official o2 staff as only o2 official staff can start a thread in this part of the community and he was the creator of this thread fact.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 448 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
Interestin questions, my payment is due today and cannot be paid as.o2 systems are down
They've assure me this.won't.affect mynclaim as.it's an O2 issue and won't show as a late payment but I'm not sure I believe them!
Message 449 of 1,043

TheOnlyPaulV
  • 90 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@viridis I CANNOT agree more with what youve said.

This entire thing STINKS.

Not also that the contract I signed for O2 says that if i cancel or return the phone I have to return everything 'Including any free gifts or offers'.

This makes the tablet a part of my contract as O2 are including it in my contract as a par tof what I have to return.

And yes i have been studying up on things.

Taking a look at Citizens advice bureu on contracts it states a contract does not even have to be in writing but does say once its agreed its agreed its binding, for both parties.

I emailed O2, I was told pre order the phone, get a tablet, i asked if i would get one for sure, they said yes.

You cannot get more binding than that. What more can you do?!? 

Message 450 of 1,043