Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Welcome & News

Highlighted
O2 Social Media Team

Re: Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

It would be the order in which you claimed it, rather than in the order which you had pre-ordered.

Hi, I'm from the O2 Social Media team
alert We're unable to access your account from the O2 Community. alert
 Tag me for any O2 product or service issues.
Tag @Martin-O2 or @Marjo for anything else.
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Chris_K wrote:

It would be the order in which you claimed it, rather than in the order which you had pre-ordered.

@Chris_K Do you know how many people applied for the tablet? What time the actual site went live? If you fail validation because of a mistake does that mean you are out of the running? If you return the phone before the 14th due to a defect are you still able to be validated?

Highlighted
Topics: 78

Someone on XDA didn't pre order, just went into a store and asked about the deal and got given a tablet there and then.

[QUOTE=nintendolinky;52459727]I have my tablet I didn't preorder either, I went in store asked about the deal and was offered it. I have a wifi model, didn't know I could have got a 4G one.[/QUOTE]

Highlighted
Topics: 539

@viridis wrote:
Someone on XDA didn't pre order, just went into a store and asked about the deal and got given a tablet there and then.

[QUOTE=nintendolinky;52459727]I have my tablet I didn't preorder either, I went in store asked about the deal and was offered it. I have a wifi model, didn't know I could have got a 4G one.[/QUOTE]

The problem with forums is that you never know when someone is lying through their back teeth Smiley Wink

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

True.

Highlighted
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6

@MI5 agree as the t&c state wifi only lol. Plus which store etc .
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Level 3: Thinker

14th of May. So 14 days after launch. Long enough for people to be out of the returns period. Be with a phone and no tablet. O2 gain a customer for 24 months kinda like default. A lot of people have bought this deal on the condition they would hopefully get a tablet but they have to risk waiting and get lucky or wait and get no tablet and stuck with O2 for 24 months.

Surly sony/O2 already know the 1st 2000 qualifying applicants. Be easy enough to let them know om the condition they don't return handset and let the rest know they didn't qualify and let them decide if the want to return the handset or not.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Would a customer purchase a contract for £5 a month more expensive than another store if there was a ‘chance’ you could be lucky and get it £5 cheaper, with the catch being you don’t find out if you’re a ‘winner’ until your returns period has expired?  I wouldn’t, yet this is exactly what this tablet offer has become.

I can understand that O2 wouldn't want to send a tablet to someone before the returns period has expired as people could abuse the system, but this whole process of waiting to find out if you are successful is very frustrating.  Surely there could be a better way of handling this such as telling people what number in the queue they are?  You can then make an informed decision as to whether you would like to return the phone.

To me this is not a competition, I pre-ordered the Z2 direct through O2 on the basis of this tablet offer being part of my deal.  I’m sure allot of other people feel the same way, if the tablet applications are much higher than 2,000 then O2 will have a lot of unhappy ‘trapped’ customers to deal with.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Personally having followed this thread I think that it would have been better to offer the tablet to the first 2000 and that those people got an email immediately confirming that (subject to all the t&cs being met) they were one of those eligible. Those after that to get an email saying the first 2000 were allocated and that after were not guarantee etc. This should have been done inside the returns period.
Highlighted

Or (funnily enough as it says in t&c's) once 2000 verified claims go through, site updates notifying of stock gone.