cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We have some more great news for you guys 😉

The Sony Xperia Z2 is now up for pre-order too! Head on over here to check out all the tariff and availability details > http://po.st/CeeYGb

651781-1_O2_Sony_Xperia_Z2_1200x627.jpg

As well as being available on our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff, you also have the chance to bundle a Sony Xperia Tablet Z for just £99.99, saving a whopping £300! This is an amazing offer and stock is limited. Just to repeat... That's the incredible Tablet Z for a one-off £99.99 when you pre-order the Z2!

Go on, you're tempted right? I know I am... I can almost justify a third handset and second tablet 😉

UPDATE @ 28th May, 2014 - Q&A section added with common questions being asked, and their answers:

Why is the claim site still up? You said it’d be updated! This is closing on the 29th May.
Although we’ve received 2,200+ claims, a large chunk of these were duplicates or were using false data. As a result, we have not yet exhausted all 2,000 tablets we had available for this offer. As outlined in the offer terms, claims must be made prior to 29th May and as we still had tablets available, the site was left open for last minute claims until stock was exhausted. Although Z2 pre-orders were delivered to many on 1st May, some who opted to collect in store still have not actually collected them, so these customers still have until 29th May to get their claims in and assuming they pass validation, will also receive a tablet subject to stock.

Your terms say I’d have a tablet within 28 days of my claim. Where is it?
Due to  the Z2 launching on the 1st May, we had to wait 2 weeks from this date to begin our validations. The reason for this is because it allowed our validation team to ensure the handset wasn’t returned during the 7 day cooling off period. Unfortunately, due to the amount of claims we received during this first week, it took an extra week for us to get all of the returns data from our systems. Our validations began from 14th May and the 28 day delivery clause began from when you were validated. We apologise if this part of the offer terms was not made clear enough, or caused you any confusion.

Where are you now with claims and Tablet orders?
As mentioned above, we’ve had over 2,200 claims, several hundred of which were duplicates or using falsified data. To date, all claims have now been validated. You should have received an update by text alerting you that we have not forgotten about your claim. Of all validated claims, our team have placed around 500 tablet orders, most of which have been delivered. We have around another 1,300 tablet orders to place against accounts which we expect to be completed within the next fortnight. We are currently looking into the possibility of getting more staff involved in this process in order to speed it up and complete them sooner.

Why have some people received a 4G tablet and mine is Wifi?
The tablet offer has always been for the Wifi-only version, though within our allocation of 2,000 Tablet Z’s, some of these were a 4G+Wifi version. We allocated these 4G versions to the first customers to submit their claim, who subsequently passed our validation checks. For the majority of claims, customers will receive the Wifi-only Tablet Z as advertised – but if you were amongst the first, you could get the upgraded 4G version. Whichever version you receive, it’s worth the wait – we promise.

Which order were claims being validated?
Claims were validated in order they were received - eg, if you were the first to claim, you would have been the first to go through validation. In reality, not all of this has been straight forward as some customers submitted data that didn't match what we had on our systems or the account, so we've had to get in touch with some customers to correct these details. As such validating these small number of claims has taken a little longer than expected.

Why haven’t you been in touch sooner with this update?
Unfortunately the launch of the Z2 did cause us some issues. We were always aware the device would launch during the week commencing 28th April, but it wasn’t until much closer to this date that we got an official UK launch date. This had caused us some issues and along the way, our validations team had run into some unexpected issues which they have worked through tirelessly. Despite this, we can again confirm all claims to date have been validated and weather successful or not, you will receive a text confirming the status of your claim.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,043
1,042 REPLIES 1,042

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
@Anonymous the £99 is added to our mobile accounts to pay for the tablets.
I am 99% sure the next action will come after any cooling off periods to prevent people returning thousands of handsets as they were sold on the heavy implication or in some cases being outright told they will get a tablet when there is only a chance they will. I think most users on here will be OK as this forum is the only place where it was posted that the site went live, I would think users on here were definitely within the first 1000 and easily within the 2000 limit. If it is 1st come 1st served we're all in good standing imo
Message 301 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys

I have been following this thread from beginning and I have some comments to add in general discussion

1) the tablet offer, I have called O2 customer service team and the lady I was speaking to, said she also pre-ordered and although she is a O2 staff she is has same t&c as rest of us, nothing helpful here but this suggests the offer is competitive

2) 2000 Tables on first come first served bases, this is where the difference is going to be, again I have called both O2 and Sony to clarify what's the qualifying order I.e. In the order of pro-order or in the order of claim registration unfortunately I didn't got clear answer from either party involved but my current best guess is, it's in the order of claim registration on Sony site

3) about cooling off period this is in the t&c so you will have to wait until cooling off period to find out if you have been successful with the tablet offer or not

4) being sold the network locked phone; the phone can be unlocked for FREE I have already unlocked Mine by filling out following form

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

5) bootloader locked phone; this has nothing to do with O2 I have asked Sony about this and they have confirmed it's locked by Sony for now, they may unlock it in future software releases

Hope this clears some air about this whole debacle
Message 302 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous
When you fill the online tablet claim form it stated that you will be charge for the tablet with your phone bill.
And you will receive a text in few days to confirm it.
We don't mind getting the tablet after the 28 days are over.
But we want a confirmation that We have been successful.
Message 303 of 1,043

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi guys
4) being sold the network locked phone; the phone can be unlocked for FREE I have already unlocked Mine by filling out following form

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

5) bootloader locked phone; this has nothing to do with O2 I have asked Sony about this and they have confirmed it's locked by Sony for now, they may unlock it in future software releases

Hope this clears some air about this whole debacle

Item 4 is correct and well known.

Item 5 is incorrect - I have already posted a link to a thread where O2 have said they will not, ever, release the codes to unlock their locked bootloaders (this is different to Factory Unlocked phones directly from Sony).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 304 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous you are correct that it does state that they will charge your mobile account for tablet and they will notify you in advance before charging you but that does not means they will charge you as soon as you register your claim so that’s where I think the cooling off period  t&c comes in play?

Therefor I think we won’t find out at least until May the 8th + (2 to 3 O2 Working days for processing the offer and may be more if you add Sony processing time?)

All in all the only thing ambiguous and unknown is the eligibility order, I would sit tight and wait and take this as a lottery if you win you win otherwise no hard feelings wink

@MI5 I have called Sony customer support pretending to buy SIM free z2 and then asked if the phone would be bootloader locked and they did confirm it will be..., O2 may force Sony to lock the bootloader and I guess that’s the case right now but they O2 won’t be able to unlock it for you simply because its locked by manufacturer and not by network provider, Please see link below

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and

http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/supported-devices

Message 305 of 1,043

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
O2 may force Sony to lock the bootloader and I guess that’s the case right now but they O2 won’t be able to unlock it for you simply because its locked by manufacturer and not by network provider,

I don't really understand what you are trying to say here, but, all phones come with a locked bootloader.

If you enter the service menu and check the lock status you will see either:

Bootloader Unlock = Yes or Bootloader Unlock = No.

All O2 phones are NO and all Sim Free phones are Yes.

No means that unlocking the bootloader is not possible.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 306 of 1,043

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Three sent out phones with an unlockable bootloader. I don't think it's the fact they are locked (they all are) it's if they are unlockable o2's are not.
Message 307 of 1,043

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
Three sent out phones with an unlockable bootloader. I don't think it's the fact they are locked (they all are) it's if they are unlockable o2's are not.

Exactly what I;ve been trying to explain wink

Currently using:
Message 308 of 1,043

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi again, just lil' old me popping in.

- The tablet validation will take place from 14th May to account for any possible handset returns to us. You will be messaged if successfully validated and a tablet order placed. You will also be messaged if you are not successful with validation, with an explanation as to why.

- The £99.99 charge will be applied to your next O2 generated bill. Eg, if your current/next bill is produced before the 14th May, the charge would apply on the bill after this.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 309 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chris_K could you please clarify what's the qualifying order I.e. In the order of pro-orders placed through O2 or in the order of claim registrered on sony web site?

Message 310 of 1,043