cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Xperia Z2 - Available for pre-order NOW!

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

We have some more great news for you guys 😉

The Sony Xperia Z2 is now up for pre-order too! Head on over here to check out all the tariff and availability details > http://po.st/CeeYGb

651781-1_O2_Sony_Xperia_Z2_1200x627.jpg

As well as being available on our revolutionary O2 Refresh tariff, you also have the chance to bundle a Sony Xperia Tablet Z for just £99.99, saving a whopping £300! This is an amazing offer and stock is limited. Just to repeat... That's the incredible Tablet Z for a one-off £99.99 when you pre-order the Z2!

Go on, you're tempted right? I know I am... I can almost justify a third handset and second tablet 😉

UPDATE @ 28th May, 2014 - Q&A section added with common questions being asked, and their answers:

Why is the claim site still up? You said it’d be updated! This is closing on the 29th May.
Although we’ve received 2,200+ claims, a large chunk of these were duplicates or were using false data. As a result, we have not yet exhausted all 2,000 tablets we had available for this offer. As outlined in the offer terms, claims must be made prior to 29th May and as we still had tablets available, the site was left open for last minute claims until stock was exhausted. Although Z2 pre-orders were delivered to many on 1st May, some who opted to collect in store still have not actually collected them, so these customers still have until 29th May to get their claims in and assuming they pass validation, will also receive a tablet subject to stock.

Your terms say I’d have a tablet within 28 days of my claim. Where is it?
Due to  the Z2 launching on the 1st May, we had to wait 2 weeks from this date to begin our validations. The reason for this is because it allowed our validation team to ensure the handset wasn’t returned during the 7 day cooling off period. Unfortunately, due to the amount of claims we received during this first week, it took an extra week for us to get all of the returns data from our systems. Our validations began from 14th May and the 28 day delivery clause began from when you were validated. We apologise if this part of the offer terms was not made clear enough, or caused you any confusion.

Where are you now with claims and Tablet orders?
As mentioned above, we’ve had over 2,200 claims, several hundred of which were duplicates or using falsified data. To date, all claims have now been validated. You should have received an update by text alerting you that we have not forgotten about your claim. Of all validated claims, our team have placed around 500 tablet orders, most of which have been delivered. We have around another 1,300 tablet orders to place against accounts which we expect to be completed within the next fortnight. We are currently looking into the possibility of getting more staff involved in this process in order to speed it up and complete them sooner.

Why have some people received a 4G tablet and mine is Wifi?
The tablet offer has always been for the Wifi-only version, though within our allocation of 2,000 Tablet Z’s, some of these were a 4G+Wifi version. We allocated these 4G versions to the first customers to submit their claim, who subsequently passed our validation checks. For the majority of claims, customers will receive the Wifi-only Tablet Z as advertised – but if you were amongst the first, you could get the upgraded 4G version. Whichever version you receive, it’s worth the wait – we promise.

Which order were claims being validated?
Claims were validated in order they were received - eg, if you were the first to claim, you would have been the first to go through validation. In reality, not all of this has been straight forward as some customers submitted data that didn't match what we had on our systems or the account, so we've had to get in touch with some customers to correct these details. As such validating these small number of claims has taken a little longer than expected.

Why haven’t you been in touch sooner with this update?
Unfortunately the launch of the Z2 did cause us some issues. We were always aware the device would launch during the week commencing 28th April, but it wasn’t until much closer to this date that we got an official UK launch date. This had caused us some issues and along the way, our validations team had run into some unexpected issues which they have worked through tirelessly. Despite this, we can again confirm all claims to date have been validated and weather successful or not, you will receive a text confirming the status of your claim.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,043
1,042 REPLIES 1,042

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also haven't had any emails or texts about my pre order. I'm having mine delivered to an O2 store, I called O2 cust serv on Friday and gave them my order reference number and was told as it's being delivered to store they can't update me and suggested I called the store. I did call the store who said that they were expecting a delivery on Saturday. If what I have read in previous comments is right then it's possible my phone is at the store but I can't have it until Thursday? As you can walk into Carphone or Phones 4 U and get one now I don't see why I have to wait until Thursday. I've ordered a purple phone which is a colour exclusive to O2 but yet they aren't considered a partner by Sony and allowed to let pre order customers have their order early like Carphone or P4U customers. I placed my pre order back in March and I would have thought that ordering direct from my phone service provider rather than a high street shop might have counted for something. A little disappointed if honest.
Message 41 of 1,043

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you actually called the store to ask if early collection is possible?

Message 42 of 1,043

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
@jonsie o2 have confirmed only on 1st may http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Sony-Xperia-Z2-Available-for-pre-order-NOW/m-p/656835#M829...
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 43 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

any update on this?  I pre-ordered online a month or so ago.  I have an order number but nothing showing up on MyO2.

Will this be dispatched tomorrow for delivery on 1st May?

Message 44 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same for me, I ordered on the 29th March and the order status has been saying processing ever since with no other information or expected delivery day.

Please can someone advise as I'm expecting the delivery day to be the same as the store collection day which is 1st May.
Message 45 of 1,043

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

it is all in the link above o2 official reply from @Chris_K but here is the link again http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Sony-Xperia-Z2-Available-for-pre-order-NOW/m-p/656835#M829...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 46 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

so i pre ordered my z2 on the 5th of april from what i have read am i to understand i shall be reciveing it on the 1st of may? have had no emails or text and o2 have been no help at all!

Message 47 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that was the information at the time, it's more the lack of any progress in the order section on the "myO2" part of the account information.

I pre-ordered on the 28th online, paid the early upgrade fee, and now all I can see is an "in process".  I'm only keen to get this on release date to take advantage of the tablet offer!

Message 48 of 1,043

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks,

Quick question...

I pre-ordered on the 1st April motivated by the tablet offer. However, the tablets are restricted to the 1st 2000. Is this the first 2000 to place the pre-order or the 1st 2000 to redeem the tablet voucher.

If it is the first 2000 to redeem then it could be a mad panic as fall to the whims of delivery couriers.

For what it's worth, customer services were adamant that it was the first 2000 to pre-order and once that figure is reached they stop issuing the tablet redemption voucher. However, I don't necessarily trust their advice! I note the offer is till open on their website which seems strange.

Many thanks.
Message 49 of 1,043

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi folks,

Quick question...

I pre-ordered on the 1st April motivated by the tablet offer. However, the tablets are restricted to the 1st 2000. Is this the first 2000 to place the pre-order or the 1st 2000 to redeem the tablet voucher.

If it is the first 2000 to redeem then it could be a mad panic as fall to the whims of delivery couriers.

For what it's worth, customer services were adamant that it was the first 2000 to pre-order and once that figure is reached they stop issuing the tablet redemption voucher. However, I don't necessarily trust their advice! I note the offer is till open on their website which seems strange.

Many thanks.

Hi there, you can find full details and information on the Tablet Z offer availability and elgibibility criteria here > http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sony-xperia-z2-phone-pre-order-with-sony-tablet-z-offer-terms-and-conditions

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 50 of 1,043